AuthorTopic: Official Anatomy Thread  (Read 403909 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official Anatomy Thread

Reply #100 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:25 am
You're showing steady improvement with setting this up. Is there a point to finish it? Absolutely.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #101 on: October 03, 2008, 01:04:34 pm

That all sounds good, I guess, but I doubt I can pull it off. There's a lot I don't know.. how land forms near mountains, how to create a believable set of rooftops and trees, how to mimic the look of an aurora, the texture of the moon, etc.

Yeah, and if you ever want to learn how to do these, this is the time! It's not like you knew how to draw humans when you first held a pen anyway, but now you can -  this is obvious, but easy to forget.

So just keep going!
' _ '

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #102 on: October 03, 2008, 05:32:33 pm
If the camera is close to the ground, we're metaphorically 'sitting there' with the girl, more engaged. If it's high it's as if we're a traveller that happened on her on a trail. If it's high in the air, we're an overlord god. Take your pick, emotionally.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #103 on: October 12, 2008, 02:20:14 pm
I don't really have anything to offer in terms of which media, anything's good. Yes the newest version is the best. The campfire flame, lose it. Just have some embers, perhaps a liiitle flame. Let the night sky do the talking.

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #104 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:12 am
Willows chucks some phoenix down!

OneMinuteGestures:

Foot studies "The Burne Hogarth way":

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/SaboteurGreg/Foots_008.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/SaboteurGreg/Foots_010.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/SaboteurGreg/Foots_003.jpg

Hands copied outta Dynamic Figure Drawing (Apparently copying is a good way to learn. News to me!)

I'm quite proud of those gestures. I still get yelled at (with reason) for not getting the hands in there sometimes, but on the whole I'm getting the pose rather well more often than not. Proportions take a severe beating at times, as seen very clearly in the spear one. Ahh well. More practice I guess.

Feet studies are an accumulation of work over the last two days. Kept some of the really crappy ones visible to show that I still get it wrong more often than not, but meh. I'm starting to wrap my fingers around how to put force into things, an' it feels gooood.

C&C is welcome, no matter how harsh.

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

Reply #105 on: November 05, 2008, 10:04:41 pm
Good Job!

I don't know if you'll be interested, but you should try this: http://www.posemaniacs.com/?pagename=thirtysecond
Work from 60 seconds, or just start at 30, 15, or 10!

I had much fun doing mine!
 :crazy:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #106 on: November 09, 2008, 11:18:02 pm
I'd also put the fireplace into sloped perspective

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #107 on: December 07, 2008, 07:00:16 am

Okay, here's something awful. Help would be appreciated. :-* I still need to work bigger (the face was a pain at such a tiny size, hence the awfulness (hopefully a legitimate excuse)). No references, I'm trying to end my complete reliance on references because I realised that I was very lacking in other aspects. Plus I want to make comics. :U

Also this thread is a goldmine, fantastic advice abound. I've learned some new things. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:04:58 am by Cow »

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: December 07, 2008, 01:34:42 pm
Arms are unrealistically tight with the body. Legs are too long. Shorten the upperleg so that the fingertips touch the top of the knee, and scale the lowerleg accordingly. Make sure your feet fit about 1.5 times into the lower leg. Note that knowing proportions won't do. Whatever you draw, I actually recommend to find some sort of reference to get your perspective right. I tend to be able to draw a pose from a certain angle from my mind only if I drew it from life once, I don't know how this is for other people, but basically I'd have to draw every possible limb from every possible angle at least once to be able to draw anything without reference correctly.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #109 on: December 07, 2008, 06:35:56 pm
(our) left arm is too long. Head looks small, but I measured it and it's pretty on target...
Both arms might actually be too long, with how they're bent, actually.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)