AuthorTopic: 800x600 beast of a wip  (Read 7486 times)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Re: 800x600 beast of a wip

Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 11:59:31 pm

Might need to click twice to see the fullsize image (sorry my image hosting is shit).

Shadows and stuff will be done after the sky so i have a better idea of the lightsource...
(i'm allowed to double post if its an update right?)
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 08:27:57 am
i would not be getting into such detail if you do not have idea yet of the lightsource.  you have started to highlight the figure, so you have SOME idea at least...    it is a really, really good idea to block out areas of your image in color first, do the whole canvas in steps, rather than complete the image in sections at a time.  Work out the form, the play of light and shadow, the composition before zooming in.
i find one of the toughest things about a large image is the motivation and patience required to see the project to completion.
the image is starting well, keep the updates coming!

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 01:16:20 am
I see that your lightsource is defined, it just isn't defined in the things that you've already pixeled.  The colors that you've chosen give me the sense that the picture is close to midday, yet the sun is clearly setting or rising.  You should try to unify the colors and alter the hues until you get that sunrise/sunset feeling.  Also, I don't think the hair shows the lightsource very well, you have a bit too much of the hair highlighted.

(P.S. My first post.  I finally got an account here.  ::))