AuthorTopic: Feature 06 - Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)  (Read 192305 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: [wip] Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #80 on: June 09, 2008, 07:43:49 pm
Really awesome. The kind of piece that makes me feel we're at the demoscene level. Just a feeling though :p

hm...just one small thing, I think the way you lit her jacket makes her look unnaturally flat. Why is all the light focused on the shoulder? I think the light should fall more on the breast area considering the light source

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 04:27:19 am
There seems to be alot more canvas on her right side and her right shoulder seems wider than the left. Shading on heart seems strange. The flag doesn't seem like a flag to me. I thought it was painted columns. Maybe consider having shadows and highlights at the torn edges. Excellent piece, the eyes are great  :o

edit: 45 degree lines (for highlights on hair) don't do it for me, meh.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #82 on: June 10, 2008, 05:36:40 am
Major dislike for the "eX" written on her cheek.  Looks rough and sloppy to me.  Everything else is gorgeous.  Second the votes for SCIENCE buildings!!  Awesome job so far man, you are almost there!

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #83 on: June 10, 2008, 11:02:30 pm
I dont know how much this helps but the neck shadows are very convoluted and dont show much of any form at all. I think you got carried away making nice pretty and smooth transitions, which you did a very good job of. Even though to keep her womanness (lol) intact with softer features I think the cast shadow on her neck should be more solid.

I also think that you should make the shaved hair a bit darker( more grey).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:48:05 pm by ptoing »

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #84 on: June 11, 2008, 08:59:08 pm
a few little additions to Ryumaru's edit:
>>>
+ I thinned the head a little. I feel it is more aesthetically pleasing, that could just be my opinion though. It might kill some of the strength portrayed from the larger jaw line.
+ I enlarged the side burn a little I think the transition is a bit better and it eludes a better sense of depth.
+ I brought out the eyelids a little more. The dark shades before gave a near cavernous appearance, I think this remedies that look.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:48:24 pm by ptoing »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #85 on: June 11, 2008, 10:13:01 pm
One thing's been bothering me about this is the tattoo (?) on her right cheek seems to be sitting flat on the image rather than following the curves of her face. All else rocks!

Offline SolidIdea

• View Profile

Reply #86 on: June 11, 2008, 11:14:53 pm

An edit more in line with zeids one/ryumaru, trying to keep her masculine look even though a more feminine bone structure. (as of the original one)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:48:54 pm by ptoing »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #87 on: June 11, 2008, 11:32:18 pm
completely different woman now though, perhaps too late in the game for that?  :ouch:

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #88 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:29 am
sure.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

now when I'm looking at the paintovers, I see how flat the part on the left was. well, it's not resembling an old and cheap sci-fi book cover any more. . . hopefully the bullet haven't been dipped in cyanide and I withstood this trial. the scars are not yet healed tho and this is pretty much the only thing which is not done yet. you know, it's damn hard to render those buildings having like 4-5 colors to do so, but I hope you like it even tho it's not complete. the idea was based on the original Fallout intro: WATCH!.

here comes SCIENCE™ applied to the wasteland portrayal!!:

let's then sum up what I have already done:

• almost crashed my car yesterday.
  • a new, more 'Fallouty' palette, that is, the previous one mixed with some tones sampled from a random Fallout image. green shadows are nice.
  • the eye(lid)s and sideburns. I think the shape of the head is alright, so no need to thin it more. I like it on your edit tho, zeid.
  • the neck (collarbones and the windpipe area) sector altered, altho not that much.
  • now I smoke more than a pack a day.
  • the ear modified a bit (ears are my Achilles' heel when it comes to drawing, will need to concentrate on that much more).
  • I like the jacket as it is so no changes there (if you cut the image in two, you'll get two different faces kinda differently clad, that what I was aiming at!), anyway thanks for pointing things out!
  • no problem with the flag as well, the folds slightly smoothed.
  • other slight improvements on the tattoos (yes the one on the cheek is still skin) + a new little cheek highlight (now free of that dirty 'B' & 'X'-crossed razors symbols).

pretty much everything. the next step will be probably the ultimate as well.

edit: gah, just noticed the neck is really screwed up. . . damn, I'll put my brushes on it tomorrow. I'm also not sure about the smeared highlight on the forehead.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:50:36 pm by ptoing »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #89 on: June 12, 2008, 03:51:57 am
Absolutely Fing great man.  I think its time this bad boy girl was featured!