AuthorTopic: Feature 06 - Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)  (Read 192290 times)

Offline Anything!

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Razor, leader of the Blades (Fallout fan-art)

Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 06:36:45 am
Dear god she's terrifying.

I actually jumped a little when I saw the picture at first, heh. XD I don't think she's terrifying... just very startling.

I don't think she needs /all/ these hard edges. A young, realistic face of a woman can only have so many angles before it softens out. I guess we'll have to see. I thought the cheek's smoothening looked perfect, but just as long as he [he?] keeps the... angular [?] shading constant.

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 12:07:17 pm
Shouldn't she have more of a mo-hawk? She had a nice green one in the game. Looks like he just shaved half of her head.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 02:26:40 pm
When he's done with the soften pass it's easier to introduce some hard edges again in there if needed be rather than the other way around!

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 02:33:02 pm
thanks for the replies, guys and gals! heheh, that link with Angelina. . . god, I'd *eat* her if I could! :P

Quote from: JonathanOfDrain
Shouldn't she have more of a mo-hawk? She had a nice green one in the game. Looks like he just shaved half of her head.
heheh, because that's exactly what she did! This is not Razor but Nicole. I posted that just to show you what I'd want the piece to look like. its mood, ambiance, you know? and now I think I want to achieve something more! ;)

Quote from: Willows
She's drifting away from her name at the mo.
well, what I want here is a young, vital and quite ambitious yet a bit of a sad-bad-bittersweet type of woman. I don't see any old girl nobody no longer wants to. . . gzzt!, you know what I'm saying? ;)

some hard edges will be applied, tho, to give her more character (she's a gang leader after all), I just loved that on the Helm's edit. nevertheless, that doesn't mean I'm not open for suggestions! if you have any, write!

the new|old step posted secretly before just next to the previous:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:19:17 pm by ptoing »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 03:00:34 pm
*sigh* I like this lots and lots! if you want just a little bit more 'tude', give her a bit more angry eyebrows. Right now what you've got is an almost-blank-almost-smiley expression.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 05:12:13 pm
hmm you're using some low-contrast colors in a rather interesting way, to create very subtle and effective highlights and shadows.. nicely done. I agree with Helm, though, I think this gal needs a healthy dose of character and attitude, currently she's a bit bland, a little to calm and collected to be the leader of a gang. I have greatly enjoyed watching this thread, and expect to see more fantastic updates.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 08:26:50 pm
sure, I see, then what about that?:

now sleep. . . :blind:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:25:38 pm by ptoing »
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 08:36:59 pm
sure, I see, then what about that?:

now sleep. . . :blind:

No! Continue, slave! My eyes need more awesomness! Work! Work!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:27:33 pm by ptoing »

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 09:00:18 pm
I'm feeling the smoothness of the shadows. Also, nice forehead.
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 09:04:09 pm
This is definitely looking pretty awesome. Although, I have to agree with the people who said she's lacking attitude. If you're going that route, then to make this look better I think there should be more than just angrier eyebrows, although they're a good start. Maybe make one side of her mouth look like its pulling into a grin, move the cheek out slightly etc. Right now her eyes also look unfocused. Maybe if you lower them a bit(the iris, not the eye's positioning on the face.) Or something to that effect. It's really lookin great...Keep it up  ;D