AuthorTopic: 4CR inspired boredom  (Read 12205 times)

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Re: 4CR inspired boredom

Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 04:33:14 am
hmm, I always thought Nintendo would be more like one of those hello kitty kids who walks around with toys from shows 5 yr olds watch.

I resent that! Granted, I own a Hello Kitty toaster and microwave... ... shit.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 04:39:22 am
NINTENDO WILL DOMINATE!!!
Heh.
Seriously it will.

Nintendo - Are definately nerdy. Plays alot. Imaginative. Has an imaginary friend. Overenthusiastic
PSX - A dude with serious anger issues. Likes cars, stereotypic man-things and stuff.
XBox - Really really wierd. Spaz. Assertive. Very...aye. Tries too hard to be liked by chicks...And fails.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 04:41:18 pm
In my close environment it's like this:

PSX - Hardcore gamers, lots of goths (the bearded kind, not the emo kind)
GCN - Immature, yet outgoing and cool people. Not annoying immature
XBOX - Young and stupid. Annoyingly immature

All the communities I've been to reflect this. Especially true in real life for me...

If you're representing the systems themselves:

PSX - Slim and small, but musculary
GCN - Normal build, totally insane
XBOX - Fat and out of shape

Offline Brian the Great

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 05:33:55 pm
The Nintendo guy needs to be smaller. Even if that's just because the GameCube is so small.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 10:13:00 pm
You people must live in very odd areas; it’s the GC people that have mental issues and are annoyingly immature, and the PS2 and XBOX people who are normal or jocks.  PS2 is mostly Goth but has some cool people and jocks while XBOX has mostly jocks but some cool people.
Honestly xbox is a hardcore gamer system while PS2 is for more average gamers while GC is for kids, this opinion guarantees strong around me for about an hour radius.  Beyond that unsure, but 5 miles north of Dallas in McKinney Texas this seems to be the same opinion... honestly I don't see why so many people hate the XBOX, its a great system and people just like to bitch because there’s so much hype about it, honestly I like PS2 as well but xbox more.  Just taking a stab in the dark but my guess of  the reason that most people online on forums and stuff favor PS2 is because a lot of them are losers and have nothing better to do than stay online all day.  I'm a loser and I strongly admit that but I still like xbox better.   FYI the normal/cool people to me are the losers, they are my people… you people need to stop being so closed minded and actually play some games on other systems.  Don’t say you do because that’s bull shit, if you did you wouldn't bash so much.  But you know what I’m gonna be the bigger man here and back down to stop another consol war.  Now lets get back on topic.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:16:32 pm by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline garsh

• I'll trade you 9 mouses for a pencil.
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 11:13:12 pm
You have a really great concept here, and I like the art style. It's hard to see where the story is going, though. I would like to see this in an on-going web-comic. I don't actually read web-comics, but this is so ingenius I couldn't resist it.

Likewise it would make a great TV series. If G4 was smart they'd be all over something like this. If it was on TV, though, I think it should be 3D CG consistent with the percieved style of the brands.

And by the way, yes, the character representing me (the GCN guy) should totally be an awkward, stubby dork, like me. On the other hand, you totally nailed my Xbox buddy Scott. Nice work.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 12:32:35 am
Now, I don't know much about the actual people playing the systems, but GCN seems to be portrayed (ALWAYS) as a kiddy system with kiddy games. Sure, alot of their games might be happier-looking than F.E.A.R or what have you, which is, IMO, a reason as to why there are so many ingnorant and childish people roaming the forums (because they are ignorant children). However, most of the people I know that like Gamecube are normal. Personally, I like Gamecube because the number of fun games far outweigh that of any other system. I don't care if it's freaking "Mario's learning playground" or what, but if it's fun I'll play it. XBox's controller has never been comfortable in my hands, even when it was scaled down, and playstation's controller just needs to die. Both systems have games that blatantly and outrightly copy Nintendo's games, and more often than not, Nintendo's games are still better. Fortunately, there haven't been many large-scale games that copy SSBM, one of my alltime favorite games of ever. Anyway, I'm rambling about what? I'll shut up now.

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 12:46:26 am
Now, I don't know much about the actual people playing the systems, but GCN seems to be portrayed (ALWAYS) as a kiddy system with kiddy games. Sure, alot of their games might be happier-looking than F.E.A.R or what have you, which is, IMO, a reason as to why there are so many ingnorant and childish people roaming the forums (because they are ignorant children). However, most of the people I know that like Gamecube are normal. Personally, I like Gamecube because the number of fun games far outweigh that of any other system. I don't care if it's freaking "Mario's learning playground" or what, but if it's fun I'll play it. XBox's controller has never been comfortable in my hands, even when it was scaled down, and playstation's controller just needs to die. Both systems have games that blatantly and outrightly copy Nintendo's games, and more often than not, Nintendo's games are still better. Fortunately, there haven't been many large-scale games that copy SSBM, one of my alltime favorite games of ever. Anyway, I'm rambling about what? I'll shut up now.

Me and you should play our new Nintendo Revolutions together when they come out.

I like the comic, and I do see semblances of pixel art, but it's not all pixels.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, though, I like it. The comic is alright, and the concept is there. I just wanna see another one.

Offline PixelPusher

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 01:46:15 am
Stop being so friggin' sensitive about what they look like in a comic. It isn't you(most likely), so GET OVER IT.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 02:46:59 am
You know what you could do, what that guy that made those weekly Halo comics, make a few sprites of each character and some backgrounds of the house and it would be easy for people to carry this on.
Proud to be a BMS team: