AuthorTopic: Eden - The Lost Sanctuary  (Read 10366 times)

Offline Gazette

• View Profile

Eden - The Lost Sanctuary

on: November 27, 2005, 03:07:27 am
Well, among other things, this is the stuff for my mmorpg, and i need some help with it.

First of all, i need help with the hands and arms of the template's, they're way too blah, and look like empty stubbs if the character isn't wearing gloves. Second, i'm gonna need an idea for some walking poses, and some help with sizing on the alternate views.(Side, Back, Diagonal, Ect), And third, the tile, it still follows the grid too much and too obviously, if you can help me with the grid, ugh, i'll love you.

Also, if you like, feel free to try the style, the whole idea was to find alternative ways to use, and change the style, so it just keeps looking better.

(Oh, and just giving credit to http://www.zoggles.co.uk/asp/tutorials.asp?tut=3&page=11<-That tutorial for the palette, and the process i used for the tile, great help. )

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Re: Eden - The Lost Sanctuary

Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:39 am
The tile itself is nice and good and all that. The grid problem can be easily solved after two things:
1. Have other types of tiles, and
2. This one is hard to explain. I remember Gil did something like that, so if you're out there Gil, link this guy to that img of your grass tiles. It's like making 4 tiles, and... err... having variations in the grass density and placing these grass tiles in random sequences.

The character is nice, but he needs a shoulder, you know. Give him a little more musclepower. (too much, and the character becomes bulky.)

That's all I have to say.

Offline Gazette

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 04:55:46 am
Hm, Thanks, And, I'd love to see Gil's Tiles for reference, anything that can help, i suppose.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 05:17:10 am
Make your tile blend into itself more. Don't stop at the edges, let shapes overflow and go over into the other side of itself etc. A few more grass tile variations and "blending" the tiles into themselves would really make the grid a lot less noticable.

Offline Kcilc

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 05:35:50 am
Wow, I like this, it's got a lot of style :)

Anyway, I agree with Blick, just keep the shades the same(ish) and blend the tile a bit more.

The edit is very sloppy, but you get the point.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 05:49:33 am

It takes a bit of tweaking to get right, but multi-tiling tiles are cool, I might create a tutorial sometime...

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 09:58:23 am
Might just be me; But I think that the contrast between the character and the grass are a bit to timid; You might want to make the character's colour palette a bit more obvious in comparison to the tiles (Or vica verca); to make certain parts of the character not blend in so much with the background; (Especially the blue plumes at either side of his hair; at an ergonomic distance to the screen they're not even visible on grass)

Offline Gazette

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 12:45:38 am
Er, to all the comments that are basically the same, thanks, i'm working hard, and to Gil, a tutorial would be wonderful, if you were willing.

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 03:20:09 pm
My comment was completely different  :-[

Offline Gazette

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 02:57:20 am

Well, sorry for the gap in bumps, but update with the templates. Any changes you think would help them are definately welcomed, feel free to edit to your liking. ALSO, if you have a personal character, or want to sprite a character in this style, go for it, i'd love to see some of that.