AuthorTopic: Disorder in pixels!  (Read 11322 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Disorder in pixels!

Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 06:41:17 pm
Uhm, I have a few folders for pixel art.
I make new ones by seasons. I seem to pixel on batches, I either pixel a lot or nothing, so it works for me.
They are moderately messy (all ordered alphabetically though), but still browsable.

Offline elise

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 04:51:54 pm
My computer is the only part of my life that's organized at all.

I have elise's stuff -> art -> pixel art -> bases, c&c, contests, dolls, emoticons, forothers, games, lineart, palettes & razr (stuff for my phone).

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 05:10:14 pm
I should learn organizing more…. On my folder I usually have one outstanding folder whit the name of project I am working on, so all the stuff related to it is on there. But as long as I finish that it becomes the part of the “group”

Times from time I clean up my folder by deleting old things I reaaaaaaly don’t like, and acceptable stuff goes to the folder called old…. Another messy place. :blind:

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 05:21:51 pm
You guys are crazy. I only have one folder for my art: and it's generically named " Bob's pictures". Inside this folder, you'll find a couple of files(probably about 10-11) having wips, but with file names that make absolutely no sense, like: "sludger.png" or "bettyboopypoop.gif". If I ever finish them, I just save it a part of one file, that contains all my finished pieces, pasted into the page like a puzzle...kinda' like a mosaic, or something. Yeah, I'm not too organized about what's finished or not...so, yeah.
my back hurts...

Offline HMC

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 05:42:24 pm
I have a folder organized neatly by category of every funny image that I've downloaded off the internet, but pretty much every image that I've ever made, whether it be art or just some random thing, I just toss in my My Pictures folder.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 06:55:09 pm
I have an art folder then; Pixel art 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.. come 2008 I'll start a new folder  :P

I wouldn't narrow everything into particular types like you elise I just create a new folder each time I start a new piece and save my progress, like I'd save the first as image01, then every so often I'll save it as image02 etc until I end up with a running progression. Dunno why just habit, and im scared of somehow loosing the file, at least I have slightly earlier copies.  :-X  Yea I got a lot of unfinished work, I just can't be bothered finishing some of em cus my mind wanders too easily.

So it's pretty organised, you should see my desktop though  :hehe: full of edits scrap work and random crap. I often end up gathing em into a scrap folder, cus even edit of other peoples work can be worth keeping for learning purposes.

I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 08:40:17 pm
I have one folder named "art"...in which all my art is saved (pixel or not)...and also in this art folder, is a separate folder for each artist that inspires me (and inside are examples of their work I like), named after the artist.  another folder in my "art" folder, is named "studies", where screenshots from games with techniques/looks I'd like to achieve live...also anatomical things and such are saved here.

I have other folders with pictures in them, but you don't really need to hear about them ;).
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 08:50:12 pm
My method is to fill up the desktop until I can't see the desktop image and then do a total cleaning up and throw crap in rubbish bin and place other items in folders with helpful names like "stuff" "whatever" and "blaaah", then later on spend ages locating illustration projects that may be spread in many various folders. When will I learn?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 10:32:16 pm
I have a folder organized neatly by category of every funny image that I've downloaded off the internet, but pretty much every image that I've ever made, whether it be art or just some random thing, I just toss in my My Pictures folder.

That's excellent. Go back in the funny image folder and get us a picture you downloaded between may and june in 2005.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 10:33:28 pm
I have like a folder.

'Pixels'

and in there there is another folder

'Edits'

And there are like 5 pieces of art in the Pixels folder and like 20-ish edits.

I don't do a lot of art. ):
' _ '