AuthorTopic: Pixel school  (Read 63398 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Pixel school

Reply #110 on: August 12, 2005, 10:37:14 pm
not talking about you specifically... it's just easy to disrespect amiga copiers... until you sit down and see how difficult what they were doing was, from a technical standpoint.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #111 on: August 13, 2005, 06:40:12 pm
Well, like I said, it's hard for me to look up to them in any way besides the technical aspect.  In the technical aspect, I am amazed.  I'm just disappointed that all these people with such talent did so many copies and not much original work.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #112 on: August 13, 2005, 09:40:31 pm
I figure it went something like this. A500 is out, someone from a cracking group reads a slaine comic or a thorgal comic or looks at boris paintings and says 'I bet people don't believe something like this can be made on the Amiga' so he sits down and does it. Everybody is amazed at their latest cracktro, and other group artists start doing copies, trying to outdo eachother on the technical merit only. not saying I'm glad people copied, but I AM glad they they pushed the limit of pixelpushing (heh) to where it is today. It's our job then, to use the knowledge and knowhow of theirs, but put it to more creative use.

And let's not forget that once again, not all demoscene artwork were copies. If you're a fan of frazetta (and frazetta clones) and boris, maybe C.Achilleos and a few others, you can spot MOST copies in the demoscene... the rest is NC. The logos which are some of the most amazing work, are usually original. Start there.