AuthorTopic: The Official Secret Santa 2007 Sign up  (Read 233036 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

The Official Secret Santa 2007 Sign up

on: November 23, 2007, 06:33:54 pm
Once again, December is almost upon us, and that means it's about time for our Secret Santa Activity.

For those that are not familiar with this activity, the Secret Santa is pretty much an annonymous gift exchanging activity.
The participants will be assigned someone they will have to make a gift for, but at the same time they do not get to know who they are going to be receiving one from, making it a thrilling activity.
In our case the gifts will be pixel gifts, and only those that previously signed up on this thread will be able to participate.
If all this caught your attention, please keep reading

Some things you should be aware of:

• Those willing to participate in the Secret Santa must post in this thread with a message on the lines of "I sign up".
    Posts with questionable replies will be ignored, so please be clear to avoid confusion
  • When signing up, please put a few facts about you, anything you like/dislike, hobbies, etc... to make gift making easier.
  • You may only sign up if you know 100% that you will be able to make a gift for your partner.
    If anyone signs up and does not deliver a present by December 23rd, he/she will not only be publicly humiliated, but also will be banned from these forums until I feel like it. I might give a little mercy, but you will need a really good excuse and a lot of luck (and I mean A LOT), so don't count much on it.
    Please think ahead and be responsible and do not let you partner down. Additionally if you don't come up with a gift at all, your participation on next year's Secret Santa will be forbidden.
  • If you are Adarias, roobv, DrNoodles, rabidbaboy, xegnma, Sohashu or Noveroth, I forbid you to participate in this activity. 
    Unless you pixel last year's gift as an audition for this year's Secret Santa. You will have until November 30th.

The Sign-up for this activity starts today (November 23rd) and will last until November 30th.
So, if you want to take part on this, don't hesitate and do so before it is too late. 
I will be flexible with timezones, but anyone that signs up too late will be excluded.

When this part is over, you will receive a PM (on December 1st) with the name of the person you are in charge of. 
Then you will have until December 23rd to come up with a gift for your partner. 
As stressed before, if you signed please be responsible and do not let anyone down.
Once you are done with your present, feel free to PM it to me.

So remember:

• November 23rd~November 30th - Secret Santa Sign-up
  • December 1st - PM Send-out (You will receive your partner's name)
  • December 23rd - Last day to send your gift (Please PM them to Robot Santa)

If you have any questions regarding this activity, feel free to post on this thread of PM me and I will take care of it as soon as I can.

Q&A

What do you mean by "Pixel Gift"?
There is no specific "Gift". Simply pixel something you would like to give your partner. It can be an avatar, an animation, a whole scene, some fan art, etc... whatever, anything goes as long as it is pixelled.

I will be away on December 23rd, Can I still participate in this activity?
You do not have to wait until the last day for submitting your gifts, so as long as you deliver it in time (meaning before or on December 23rd), you are all good to go.
(Actually I would recommend all the participants to send me your gifts as you are done with them)

Can I pixel you something even though you are not my partner?
Sure, feel free to pixel extra gifts for anyone if you have some extra time, but first focus on your actual partner.

I couldnt finish my gift... can I send you a WIP?
Yes, but you must finish it as soon as you can. If I catch you slacking and not finishing it at all, you will be punished.

Wrapping

On the Secret Santa thread, all the gifts will be hyperlinked with one of these wrappers:

If you would like to choose your own, please state so in your posts (refer to them as b5, d3, a2 etc)
Remember that you will be choosing the wrapper for the gift you made, not for the one you will receive.
(In case you don't choose any, a random one will be assigned).

Participants

• AdamAtomic
  • Adarias
  • AlienQuark
  • alkaline
  • am_pm
  • baccaman21
  • BG
  • BlackDragon
  • BruceJuice
  • buloght
  • cave
  • cerealkiller54
  • Cow
  • crab2selout.png
  • Doppleganger
  • Doomcreator0
  • Dusty
  • dyuaru
  • eck
  • Ego
  • elise
  • fawel
  • Faktablad
  • Feron
  • Fizz
  • Frankiesmileshow
  • flaber
  • griffy6
  • Hatch
  • huZba
  • ilkke
  • infinity+1
  • Jad
  • JJ Naas
  • Joe
  • Jolly
  • junkboy
  • kendi64
  • Khris
  • Kren
  • l3m0n5
  • Larwick
  • lollige
  • MaDsk8tard
  • Malor
  • marilii
  • MashPotato
  • Metaru
  • Mil
  • Mirre
  • miscdude
  • MrMister
  • Nitram
  • Opacus
  • Pan
  • Panda
  • pixelGnome
  • ptoing
  • Redshrike
  • Reo
  • Rosse
  • Ryumaru
  • Sabata
  • sharprm
  • Sherman Gill
  • snake
  • SolidIdea
  • Souly
  • spartan_117
  • surt
  • .TakaM
  • Terley
  • tocky
  • willfauds
  • Xeno-Striker
  • Xion
  • Zenobia
  • Zlajonja
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:08:08 pm by Kiana »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: The Official Secret Santa 2007 Sign up

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 06:50:56 pm
I SIGN UP! :crazy:

I like explosions and weird aquatic animals and steampunk things and and um pretty ladies and hive animals like ants and bees, and oh, fancy hats.

;D
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 06:56:33 pm
consider me signing up!
i'll keep it simple - i like noise rock (google "aids wolf") ,humanoid robots, and cats

Offline willfaulds

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:06:01 pm
i can't believe its been a year!

i'm in and i at the moment i mostly like zelda...

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:19:49 pm
I know, I havn't posted much on this forum, but: I sign up!

I like Leonardo da Vinci (Polymaths generally), science, stuff that makes sense, old-skool designs... you've got it ;)

[edit]
And please, wrap my gift into b5
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 08:05:25 am by Rosse »

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:40:58 pm
It's not granted I'll have time to make one this year so I wont sign up but I'd like to encourage all of you guys to make great gifts. Secret Santa is really a strong event in the pixel year, I remember how happy I was when I discovered my gift last year ^^

Good luck to you all (finding time :P) and good luck to Panda for slapping really hard the lazy pixellers :P

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 08:54:22 pm
Hooray!

I'm signing up.  :y:

My victim will recieve a present inside of a box that looks an awful lot like D5.

Nintendo fanboy.
Aparently i try to draw hands and pretty brunette, blue/green eyed ladies alot. I love seeing the results of other people's fantastical imaginations.  :B
I like cute chunky things... yet also dark, creative stuff too.
I love great colour choices and combinations, so pick somethin' nice!
And yanow i didn't get a present last year so make it especially good mkay. I kid i kid. HAVE FUN.

No wrapping this year?

PS. If you wanna listen to some of my favourite music while making the piece chekit. Khris is smarts.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 01:22:15 pm by Larwick »

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 08:59:43 pm
Yay! I didn't miss it this year.

Favourite colours: blue and black (thereafter green and purple). I hate pink.
I would be thrilled to get something of my original characters (found here: http://bluedelirium.com/main.html > characters). But if you don't feel like doing any of them, then I also like Zelda (Link, Ezlo and Tingle), Pokémon, fantasy stuff, rain, monkeys and hot guys of course. If you do fanart, then I'd prefer if it was personalized for me somehow :B (you know, not just a random sprite of Link)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:31:11 am by Mirre »

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 09:11:42 pm
Signing up!

Likes: Space Channel 5, Klonoa, Bomberman, Tails, pink Yoshi! Anything cute that isn't dark/gritty/angsty is good for me basically. Hot guys. Maybe Andy or Jhun from king of fighters? Clothing is discouraged. Thanks for the idea, Mirre! :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:14:50 am by cave »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 09:12:26 pm
Updated with the wrapping thing (thanks Larwick) and with the list of participants.