AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 816734 times)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #320 on: March 11, 2008, 02:19:18 pm
Bears (or any other 4 legged animal) has back legs like that. the back legs could have a bit more difference in contrast to the front ones

Ptoing, are you saying that Bears (or any other 4 legged animal) have hind legs like that, or they don't. I couldn't really derive what you were trying to say with that sentence. As for the contrast between the back legs and front ones- I couldn't agree more. I'll definitely be upping the contrast.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #321 on: March 11, 2008, 02:41:49 pm
@Doppler-radar:  I would say that buy judging the second part of Ptoing's reply, he may have meant to say that the back legs bend the other way, contrast to the front legs. Also, the two front legs seem a bit too far back away from the chest, making it look as if the bear is about to fall forward. Here's a skeleton reference of a  bear: CLICK ME!

I like the style though. Got any other animals already done?
my back hurts...

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #322 on: March 11, 2008, 06:21:42 pm
Yeah, that'd make sense. I actually referenced that skeleton during the construction. Something worth noting is that I'll actually be constrcuting a skeleton that the individual pieces will eventually overlay. So the end result is more likely to resemble hind legs. These are just demos which are pieced together in illustrator to make sure that they'll fit correctly later.

Anyways, here're the rest of the creatures I've made. I posted this in the last OTCT but I suppose it's long gone now.  :crazy:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #323 on: March 11, 2008, 08:58:03 pm
Ah yeah, I missed a don't there.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:52:53 pm by ptoing »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #324 on: March 12, 2008, 12:52:43 am
Terley...dont loosely reference "Hanna-Barbera" style. The model sheets and designs for hanna barbera were done by different talents troughout time. if you reference to the flinstones you are referencing Ed Benedict.

http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2007/08/ed-benedict-article-from-animation.html Your lines are too lose and your construction too vague, you are vaguely copying Fred's general figure and calling that "Flinstones Style".

Ed bennedict had a way of constructing his characters by alternating angular shapes with round curves, if you plan to take a note from him make it epxerimentation with that instead of copying the general shape of one of his characters to represent a completely different one. Fred had those mean expressions because he was an ass, Mickey is completeley different and had Ed Bennedict been hired to design Mickey, he would NOT have just repeated what he did with Fred.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #325 on: March 12, 2008, 04:32:59 am
By Hannah Barbera I mean the general style these cartoons use, with the hands tucked back, simple forms. You know like a lot of classic (earlier) HB cartoons are like, Topcat, Flinstones, Huckleberry Hound etc.. But what am I talking about I honestly know nothing about their history, not going to pretend I do know. Being vary vage in all honesty.

happy you're taking my project so serious conceit and some good comments but it's just a fun weekend project  :B. If I were getting graded on it or if it was an important task I would of gladly taken the time to research who was behind The flinstones. But thanks i'll make sure I'll look into things more before posting my work. To be honest, I rushed it all, found a picture of The flinstones and mimiced the scene, was only working from one reference of fred and barney so the manly-ness aspect should be apparent. Totally breaks mickey's character but its all in the fun of things plus an excuse to try new things. Can't blame me for experimenting.  ;)

Thanks.

Doppleganger those are adorable.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #326 on: March 12, 2008, 11:33:45 am
yeah, that's some lovely slimefox, dopp.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #327 on: March 12, 2008, 12:49:30 pm
Yeah, no probs...just reading so much of JohnK's made me sorta obsessed about crediting just the right artists for everything in classic cartoons  :o

Offline leroy

• Go with the flow
    • View Profile

Reply #328 on: March 12, 2008, 01:43:32 pm
Not much to say here, inspired by the sky Kenneth Fejer uses in his pixelart mockups, it's CG. :P

All suggestions will be noted and very much appreciated.

[spam] I just started a WIP-blog on my site just to put this in there. :P [/spam]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 03:39:31 pm by leroy »

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #329 on: March 12, 2008, 02:03:30 pm
Sorry i haven't been a good boy during my sporadic away times. Too busy not making pixels, etc. and focusing more on bits of improvement to my drawing ability as of now. Yes, Opacus, i'm still at it.

"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"