AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811464 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1150 on: December 02, 2009, 03:33:06 pm
Now try doing the same thing without using any lines.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #1151 on: December 02, 2009, 05:27:45 pm
Dennis: Keep it up. I'm sure you know what your mannerisms are, can you produce some drawings that have a completely different style or technique?

Here's some recent croquis of mine. Guess which are the ones I realised were crap while drawing:

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #1152 on: December 03, 2009, 01:07:58 pm
Hey all,
I'm doing a game for game design class on uni
If you got a minute, give it a go:

http://www.itu.dk/people/kkkr/Beta7/KillMe.html

If you got another minute, fill out the questionaire at bellow the gameframe, or drop a line or two here

Cheers,

vedsten

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Reply #1153 on: December 03, 2009, 02:21:30 pm
Hey all,
I'm doing a game for game design class on uni
If you got a minute, give it a go:

http://www.itu.dk/people/kkkr/Beta7/KillMe.html

If you got another minute, fill out the questionaire at bellow the gameframe, or drop a line or two here

Cheers,

vedsten

Seeming as google spreadsheets seem to be blocked from here.. I'll reply here instead.

Fun little game.. though in a few places (from a level design point of view) you can get stuck (unable to jump up and unable to die to create a bounce mat) and are forced to 'restart' instead - which is not an optimal solution.

There are some interesting little challenges throughout the 15 (well - 14) levels. Level 13 was fairly tricky compared to all the others which (after figuring the controls and 'dump body' distances) were pretty straightforward. Level 14 however is really annoying as the important parts are off-screen. It feels like a very cheap way to make it difficult, and you have to try and throw/pick up bodies blind. Not even being sure if you have picked it up or not without wandering back on-screen to check.

One immediate crit - "Press space to select". Select? Select what? I presume you mean 'start'. I don't have anything to actually 'select'.

Also.. I came across one small bug where I could remain standing on top of the spikes. See below. (I died as soon as I walked right though)

All in all, a fun little game. Just a textual mistake, a slight bug, and a couple of levels that could be better designed. Nice bright and comical graphics and otherwise cheerful to the eye and mind. A couple of the 'helper' guys repeat information a bit uselessly on early levels too now that I think about it.

Nice work though,

-Z-

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #1154 on: December 03, 2009, 08:28:48 pm
Now try doing the same thing without using any lines.
I first want to study how to create convincingly three-dimensional drawings by using contours only but yes the next step up would be to shade these or to just directly sketch from life in gray tones without using any lines at all. I should practice that on still-lifes first though as they are more patient, less likely to leave in the middle of the drawing and they also don't move around as much as people.

Dennis: Keep it up. I'm sure you know what your mannerisms are, can you produce some drawings that have a completely different style or technique?

Here's some recent croquis of mine. Guess which are the ones I realised were crap while drawing[..]
My problems are ears, eyes, noses, mouths and well, unusual angles and I seem to keep drawing certain things the same way over and over again. As far as the style is concerned I don't even think I have any style yet, so no unfortunately, I can't produce anything in a different style at this point, still practicing the basics. I'll worry about style later.
Those sketches you made are very nice btw and yeah the ones you canceled are easy to spot :)

---
Here's what I drew yesterday(also made a small correction to the last one I posted) and today. Still not drawing directly on the subway again, too shy yesterday and no seat today.

...and here's some demented brainfart I had while watching the Wizard Of Oz:

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Reply #1155 on: December 04, 2009, 03:18:39 am
I have been wanting to learn Zbrush for awhile now and just finally got around to making something. Behold this horribly ugly pug!

I like Zbrush quite a bit but I think it'll take me awhile to get used to it. Especially once I start working on something other than a plain sphere.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 06:23:20 am by Jakten »

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #1156 on: December 04, 2009, 03:34:16 am

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #1157 on: December 04, 2009, 04:43:40 am
I like that pattern concept, Souly. Interesting to look at. Can't help but be reminded of World of Goo. What else could you do with it?

Vedsten, I filled your form out. Original concept!

JJ, yes I can tell which ones you abandoned, hehe. Good sketches. Reminds me I suck.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:37:26 pm by Mathias »

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Reply #1158 on: December 05, 2009, 11:31:20 pm
More ink blots from souly. Awesome. Did this while bored. It's a bit generic.

Tried to do what I thought was a speed painting. Guess I'm not good at those either.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:33:21 pm by xhunterko »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #1159 on: December 06, 2009, 05:12:00 am