AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2  (Read 811817 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread 2

Reply #1540 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:26 pm
Oh Ryumaru I know you're an awesome painter and everything but you had to post that RIGHT NOW above my puny little tshirt design? XD

I think I consider myself a fan of entropy...what happened to it? didnt you have to deliver it like a WEEK after the last post you made? =/ is it eternally going to be WIP now or something?

BTW, I'm following your blog and that left hand painting of a mac on a bed is mind blowing, I felt very very puny when I saw that.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had posted about this design in the Off Topic thread but i figure here, I can atleast show it before people go to the link and somewhat kinda entice ppl to help me out :p

it's an entry for a thsirt design contest for The Dark Knight Rises, the coolest thing is if it were to make it to the top 3, Nolan himself would judge who of the top 3 should win.

Honestly guys, right now i'm not looking for the top 3, I'm looking to not go down with 4 puny little votes :p so please make an account here and vote for it.
http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/203347

The obligatory tshirt mockup

I wanted to do Bane as a ruler rather than simply a buff guy ; so I emphasized the attitude and the coat described in Lindy Hemming's brief about his wardrobe.

and for the sake of completion here is Bane pre-warner’s revision, which had a my dabble at Calligraphy =)
the idea that I never fully developed, was to have the calligraphy coming out of a mass of people chanting for Bane, which is the closest thing to visualizing what it is like in the trailer, I figure that overwhelming support by people, that Authoritas is the biggest difference between him and Bats who is a complete underdog and never the public overtly cheering for him. But then WB came and said they didnt want ANY text on the image other than a quick quote so that went straight to the trash bin :p

Batman as what his foes see him, "more than just a man" the archetypal shadow that attacks when you least expect it, also i wanted to throw in a little refference to that excellent moment in Begins where Bruce finally confronts his lifelong fear and makes a Tornado of bats

I do want comments BTW, just keep in mind it's already up for voting so no editing will likely be done....I didnt post it here as a WIP because honestly I find it overwhelming enough to try and fit all the ideas in my head into an image lately, so I dont feel like I am really in a position to take crits now...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:44:25 pm by Conceit »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1541 on: April 13, 2012, 10:54:15 pm
Conceit: This is how far entropy got, complete with a horrible recording and odd opening animation. Progress is slow, I've been developing the concept more and I think its becoming more "holistic" or less disjointed.  I fully plan on finishing it and am determined not to have it be eternally WIP. It's also slowly been tying in with Deadbird on a backstory level but not to the point where they are dependent on each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBaEwkZtJss&feature=plcp&context=C442795bVDvjVQa1PpcFPsCmltLUOwXWtBsuP-HYwzYQpTXPl3aVY%3D

It's nice to know I have a follower! It's been a struggle but I've really been able to chase a successful image and not worry about finicky details. Theres no reason to feel puny, my shortcomings are much more abundant than my mastery and I'm constantly seeing there is so far to go and such little time to get there.

I think the Bane works well enough without the text anyway. The concept is nice but simplicity, especially in these cases, is often better.

I find the "transparency" of the white bats a little problematic as far as readability goes in the back. while it may make sense from a design and compositional standpoint I nevertheless find it awkward to look at. But the overall shape and composition is sold

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1542 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:57 am
Carl, that tattoo done yet? This reminded me of it - found on dA

Kinda koo. Has that crappy antiqued type of paint job, but the combination of elements is a dead ringer for that tattoo of yours; thought it was odd.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1543 on: April 21, 2012, 03:35:52 am
Little to no forethought on this one

Some random caped spaniard surfin on the trunk of some great old tree in space. or something :p
As a pixelartist photoshop was sort of the devil for me, but tonight made sweet love...and this was our lovechild =o

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1544 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:36 am
step 1: start painting the face-

step 2: finish painting the fucking face!-

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #1545 on: April 26, 2012, 03:04:51 pm
See . . . whether just the default set, or fancy custom brushes, Photoshop's brushes will never achieve all that nice traditional textural quality. Of course, Corel Painter does better than PS, but it still sucks in comparison to what one can do with real pigment and real brush bristles, etc.
Wish you would've posted larger pics.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1546 on: April 26, 2012, 08:26:54 pm
Digital has it's advantages too. Life would be a LOT easier with an " undo" button! Theres a larger version on my blog:
http://chrispariano.blogspot.com/ a bit blurry but may give you more detail than here.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #1547 on: April 26, 2012, 10:36:30 pm
Do we need to get you a camera with auto-focus now!?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1548 on: April 26, 2012, 10:45:10 pm
No, you need to get me a proper lighting set up. Or tell me not to take photos of paintings with one weak fluerescent light at nighttime!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #1549 on: May 01, 2012, 03:14:42 am
I made another "dont think, DRAW" piece yesterday :p amazingly a tree came out again  :crazy: The point was to finish it in one night, because I've become far too accustomed to leave things unfinished. I hope to make the next one look more finished.

I dont think I had fun like this with a pallet since...probably the hexquisite corpse challenge, and this one was mine :p anybody has any comments? crits welcomed...despite what I just said up there in the Batman entry, this one has no idea behind it so no harm in crits :p

I made it on MyPaint. That program is amazing, it's open source and it seems to be the only one that can really deliver on the promise of tablets that it will be spontaneous and you can draw thick and thin easily, I usually am forced to switch brushes just to change the size by more than 20 points but in MyPaint I only changed brushes when I wanted another shape/effect.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:24:47 am by Conceit »