AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #1: Mobility!  (Read 123965 times)

Offline Jericho

• View Profile
    • AppleLoaf Valley

Re: Mockup Frenzy #1

Reply #70 on: August 21, 2007, 04:39:34 am
damn you were right about that contrast

before

after

Just looking at them i actually had a hard time seeing much of a difference. All you've done is basically upped the saturation a bit and made the image darker overall. So it didnt make much difference in the contrast. Try making the brights a bit brighter and the darks a bit darker? Upping the saturation even just a bit more might help some aswell :). Right now things look a bit bland.

Heres a quick example..a quick..bad..example..lmao..but it should give an idea

Alice is dead. We cut off her head.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #71 on: August 21, 2007, 08:34:19 am

The idea is basically like Kirby's Adventure's shoot out game. You wait for the screen to say "FIRE!" and then have to press the button as fast as you can to beat your opponent. They will get progressively harder and you will be required to fire quicker.

Obviously there's no enemy yet and I want to do some interface but just can't think of what I need. WIP.

I for one think you could leave it as it is and have no enemy at all, but having the cowboy looking around himself anxiously when waiting to fire.

Then name it "Paranoid Cowboy"
' _ '

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: August 21, 2007, 12:26:21 pm
Or you could have him shooting cute harmless things like baby seals, baby turtles and Chuck Norris, which would also be funny. :)

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #73 on: August 21, 2007, 09:54:33 pm

usually i don't do these kinds of community projects and challenges, but i thought i had a good idea for it, and it was a new thing to pixel, so here goes...

of course it's unfinished, and i haven't created the main sprite, but you play as a remote control car that squeaks it's way through a level ducking behind each rock to avoid being shot by the enemy surveillance robot. there is a certain time limit between each blast of light and you must press the action button quickly to make the car move past the open spaces. if you are caught, it electrocutes you and takes away from the lifebar on the bottom. the top bar is an indicator as to how far you are in the level.

when you get to the end of the level, you are met by an anxious kid controlling the car.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:57:27 pm by infinity+1 »

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: August 21, 2007, 10:26:28 pm
Obviously there's no enemy yet and I want to do some interface but just can't think of what I need. WIP.
looking great!, you could have:  health bar, number of lives, difficulty level, maybe small portrait (implies character selection), powerups? - like weapons and shiz, current score, enemy health + portrait.    those are most of wat i can think of atm...

Health and powerups aren't needed.

How about the timer(like in KA), Your Strikes, and Hats.

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: August 21, 2007, 11:08:45 pm

My WIP, It's Clearly Donkey Kong.. And there are two reasons i wanted to make this...

1. I have been on a major DK kick..
2. I figured out the Perfect control scheme.

Basically, you auto walk forward, Hold down the button to stop and Tap the button to jump.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #76 on: August 21, 2007, 11:25:06 pm
Basically, you auto walk forward, Hold down the button to stop and Tap the button to jump.

which way is forward, left or right?  that might be tricky when u reach the edge of the screen, no?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #77 on: August 21, 2007, 11:28:21 pm

which way is forward, left or right?  that might be tricky when u reach the edge of the screen, no?

Have you ever played DK?  it's both!

EDIT - or more appropriately, forward = uphill :)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: August 21, 2007, 11:38:49 pm
Hmm, how do you climb ladders?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #79 on: August 21, 2007, 11:40:02 pm

Have you ever played DK?  it's both!

EDIT - or more appropriately, forward = uphill :)

yes i have.

uphill.. well the second platform goes downhill, but i see wat u mean, just goes towards the ladders basically...
perhaps tapping the button could change direction (left or right), holding it down stops, and double tap to climb ladders?