AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #1: Mobility!  (Read 123963 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: Mockup Frenzy #1

Reply #60 on: August 20, 2007, 03:53:48 pm
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6152/mockup3pu7.gif
Worked on this a little more, but I'm having trouble with the sky :). Dithering is not my forte.

i dont think the sky needs dithering, just add some more depth, ie 1 or 2 more colors and then aa it, perhaps a little dithering for blending but i really hate over-dithered skies.

/

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: August 20, 2007, 05:40:31 pm
Thanks Feron and AdamAtomic! Unfortunately, I was already halfway or so through with the sky when I read your post Feron, so I just decided to finish it off. I'm pretty satisfied with it actually :crazy:

15 colors total, didn't know where to place a sixteenth ::)

I love the other mockups/ideas so far, especially the "Jointroller" idea! :lol:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:47:18 pm by ceddo »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #62 on: August 20, 2007, 06:01:06 pm

Pressing the button rolls the joint. The faster you press the faster you roll it, but dont lose the rhythm or you don't roll the joint as good. Better joints get you better highs. Better highs = more points :lol:.

Needs a lot of work. It was fun to draw though. HUD elements to be added soon.

EDIT: Updatz0r

ahahaha that's classic, maybe you could have blunt mode too, and then you could have two player or something and like you could also give shotguns to the other person, and better the shotgun better the high better the points?
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline KAT

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: August 20, 2007, 06:45:02 pm

Now sky is better ;) "white" cloud is very nice and realistic ;) Good work, better than mine of course :D

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #64 on: August 20, 2007, 06:58:02 pm
Bad Munder

in this active rpg struggle navigate through underground dungeons and the like with Bad Munder the craziest sword wielding barbarian ever.
equipped with his acquired weaponry ranging from either dual wielding swords to giant mauls or axes, you're also equipped with a rage bar that increases as you successfully attack an enemy, but beware as you fill up your gauge you start to attack faster.  Once the rage gauge is filled you become berserk attacking uncontrollably, so much that if hurt you'll lose double the health.

pretty much what you do is press the button when the action button pops up, so whatever the action is say attack, or defend, or even open the door.
I'm still trying to figure out how I want the game to operate, so these plans may change.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:03:13 pm by Zach »
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #65 on: August 20, 2007, 08:24:28 pm

Alright, got rid of the squares, added some more red to the mines and changed the color of the enemy bots. :)

Feron, I liked the simpler, more colorful look of the previous version better. I think making the colored parts of the blocks a bit bigger would help. You could also throw out the darkest purple in the background since it's barely visible, and the ball could be rounder. I love the atmosphere of it, though. :0'

Very nice, ceddo! Maybe give the floating mines a stronger highlight like you have on the ship? They could use a bit more of a metallic shine.

RhysD, great idea! It looks a bit washed out at the moment, though. Up the contrast a bit. :)

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: August 20, 2007, 10:37:57 pm
Awesome so far Zach, although it's a bit empty. I'm assuming that's the part that's not done though.

Arachne, looking really sharp! I want to play that game if you intend to make it! I think you should make the main ship sprite a different color than anything else (try purple?), because it seems as though it could blend into the mines.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: August 20, 2007, 11:33:10 pm

The idea is basically like Kirby's Adventure's shoot out game. You wait for the screen to say "FIRE!" and then have to press the button as fast as you can to beat your opponent. They will get progressively harder and you will be required to fire quicker.

Obviously there's no enemy yet and I want to do some interface but just can't think of what I need. WIP.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #68 on: August 20, 2007, 11:39:14 pm
Obviously there's no enemy yet and I want to do some interface but just can't think of what I need. WIP.

looking great!, you could have:  health bar, number of lives, difficulty level, maybe small portrait (implies character selection), powerups? - like weapons and shiz, current score, enemy health + portrait.    those are most of wat i can think of atm...

arachne - damn girl looking really smooth, i love how u renderd the ships.  perhaps give the enemy ships red "trails" as the player ship has blue.  i am not to fond of the score font but thats just me :p  .  your work has really impressed me lately, soon you will have your own folder on my HD as i have for all the greats! :B

Offline RhysD

• View Profile
    • RhysD.com

Reply #69 on: August 21, 2007, 03:02:53 am
damn you were right about that contrast

before

after