AuthorTopic: Kickstarter thread!  (Read 146422 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Kickstarter thread!

Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 09:19:01 pm
I really really want to set out some time to do a pixel piece x4 times and try it with spritelamp.

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 02:34:14 pm
Developer: Jonathan BRASSAUD
Genre: Platformer/Action/RPG
Support: PC/Android
Languages: French/English
Web Site: http://pixold.craym.eu/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Inexistenceindygame

Introduction

Inexistence is an indie game created by a passionate team of amateurs.

Jonathan BRASSAUD : Game Design, Scenario, Graphiscs, Level Design, Animations, Programming
Etienne Zizka : Animations, translation other artistic contributions
Fawzi Allouache : Musics
Nicolas Etten : Artworks
(Special thanks to Romain Desmareceaux for his technical support.)

The game is meant to reminiscence older, retro games. The objective in creating this game is to recreate the feeling of the older games such as Castlevania, Metroid, Mario, Megaman, etc…

Gameplay

Play as Hald in this 2D plaformer with RPG elements and discover a strange world, filled with danger and mystery. Concealed in every level are various treasures waiting to be discovered by those willing to explore…

Other systems

* Manage your own stats as you gain levels.
* Purchase various useful items at shops.
* Visit the blacksmith to manage your equipment (full game)
* Participate in time attacks and share your scores online (full game)
* Various difficulty levels (full game)

…to  all the beta testers, your awesome work has been mentioned in the credits.
… to Kyalie for her Artwork of Hald.
… toRomain68 for the pixel art present in the in-game menu.
… to Shin for his artwork used in the header of the website.

Final Word

I sincerely hope that you will enjoy my game. I am very interested in your comments and suggestions regarding the future development of the rest of the game.

Feel free to visit the facebook page for the game and share the news with your friends!

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:36:23 pm by Zizka »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 05:37:41 pm
Gimme that game. I WILL UTTERLY RIP IT APART.

Guaranteed.

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 07:36:08 pm
I am super nitpicky, gimme that.

Not a native, but I'm pretty sure no misspelling could get past me! no guarantees :crazy:

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 07:46:57 pm
I'm nitpicky. You can tell by my posts here. I'm also good at finding bugs, which you can't tell by my posts here.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 08:00:44 pm
Alright you three, I'll send you the game by PM.

A couple of things:

* Please do not distribute the demo.

* Please be tactful in your feedback. This is the first game we are working on so it is very far from perfect.

* Providing screens and a detailed report is appreciated

* Please do not forgot to comment the art.

It is still in beta state and in no shape to be shared anywhere. I'm counting on you for this.  :y:

You may share your findings here, in this very thread.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:02:46 pm by Zizka »

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 08:51:51 pm
Real quick beginning thoughts:

Landing from a jump cancels the attack, which is not so cool.

The intro cutscene isn't skippable, or if it is, I couldn't figure out how. This works for the final, but for bug testers it can get in  the way. "Hmm, game has options for screen size, were they there on the title screen?" Reset, nope. Watch cutscene again.

Hinted at above, at least a few of the options in the in game menu should be available on the main menu.

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, so I'm just curious. If you land on the edge of a platform, but fall off soon after, your gravity stays at max. If intentional, it's not so consistent. Games like Yoshi's Island max your falling speed EVERY time you walk off a platform for consistency, most games, you'd be at zero. Yours is a bit either/or.

Cool stuff:

Game remember screen size settings.

Controls feel right.

Attacking with the backside of the attack is fun.

I promise I'll say more, but... apparently I have to go someplace I didn't expect, so can't even finish the demo right now... Will later today.
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #47 on: December 13, 2013, 09:00:14 pm
Yes, please redownload from the same link I sent you. The bug you mentioned has been fixed.

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: December 13, 2013, 10:31:13 pm
The link has not updated, I downloaded/reinstalled and it's the same game. Same filesize for installer and all. (dropbox did not update the time updated either) So the below notes are from the old version.

After talking to the old man, you end up inside the floor. You can then repeatedly jump while holding left to escape the map. (Insta-death!)

Switching maps repositions the game's window.

If you make the game full screen, then go back to windowed, the game is always the top window.

Can I post screenshots? I found another way to escape the map. At the part after you hit the switch with the max, there's an area hinted at by holes in the rock. It contains glowing puzzle piece. Crouch, then jump. You'll be in the wall. Walk right, it will push you left and up. Eventually you'll end up standing, and you can walk right to die. You can also crouch jump from that layer, and can reach the surface above.

Actually crouching, then jumping can be used for bypassing collision in lots of cases. For instance, when underneath a block you can break with the sword, jumping will make you hit your head. If you jump from a crouch, your head will be inside it. This actually allows you to do all kinds of weird stuff, so I won't go into detail. I suspect the crouching hitbox is still used for the duration of the jump.

More nitpicky: Left/Right can be pressed at the same time for awesome running in place.

Holding left at the start of the level makes the character face the wrong direction for the intro.

Getting shot by the fireballs moves you fast enough that odd collision things happen. It also doesn't halt your attack like getting hit by enemies does.

I got my controls to freeze completely during the cave cutscene. Basically, the text boxes appeared, but after I closed them, no buttons worked (Not even enter). Maybe I jumped too far? I'll investigate more how I did this.

I expected going back in the menu to be on an action key (A, E or R) instead of enter.

I assume the text is still placeholder, so I won't comment much on it. But part of the old man's intro text is still in French. (The stuff he says before he opens up shop so you can buy from him) Depending on how the game is being translated, that might be important to know.

Apologies if I'm being too crazy with this. I'm trying to be tactful, and I do understand it's a beta. But I feel it's a disservice to find a glitch, and not tell you, even if it's probably known.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:33:10 pm by Kasumi »

Offline Zizka

• Keep on smilin'
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 10:37:46 pm
That's awesome Kasumi, keep 'em coming. Sure you can post screenshot.

I'm just working on some art, so I don't have any control over the actual inner gears of the game. I'll check the link I sent you again... the creator told me it had been updated... I'll look into it.

You're doing a great job, thanks!  :y: