AuthorTopic: The CC suggestion thread.  (Read 136012 times)

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Re: The CC suggestion thread.

Reply #70 on: August 27, 2010, 12:12:16 pm
Sorry, don't mean to be greedy here with the suggestion system, but these three I'm actually surprised you guys haven't put on the list... that I would at least want to see one of them critiqued.

Dragon Ball Z - Hyper Dimension (SNES)

Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)

Chrono Trigger(SNES)

Please, at least one of them get them critiqued, I'm sure we can all learn from these games.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:57:08 pm by Antifarea »

Offline Sleepless

• View Profile

Reply #71 on: August 27, 2010, 06:14:13 pm
You convinced me to start playing Chrono Trigger again, I'll be on a rave, trust me. We should DEFINITELY do Chrono Trigger, as it is a classic SNES game, and there are lots of pixel art techniques to learn from it.
You know what would make life easier? Real-life CTRL+Z

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #72 on: August 27, 2010, 08:00:14 pm
here's the thing. The last commercial critique had a modest turnabout. Besides which game to do a CC on, could we discuss what to change about *how* we do them to attract more interest? The challenges are always fun, but we need to get people talking about the games more too. For example, I don't see so many techniques in Chrono Trigger that are in need of pixel-related scrutiny. It's good art, the skills used are the common ones ,there's some dirty stuff, a lot of banding but... what could we say about chrono trigger that hasn't been said before?

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #73 on: August 27, 2010, 09:33:16 pm
I know that a couple of things from Chrono Trigger are things most of you guys already know... there is a lot to learn still imo, mostly for people like me who are still in the intermediate area experience-wise. I do observe games / pixel art from commercial games most of the time (funny enough the 16x18 3 color idea I got it from Chrono Trigger seeing as they use 3 colors on the characters)... although at my level there are a couple of things that I might not understand well enough to reproduce it propertly.

If you guys decide to go for something else, that is fine too by me... I hope that you guys cover RPGs from time to time (*hint* I got a couple of more suggestions ::) ) since there's only been one CCed so far.

Well to kill it off, here's two more suggestions, this time non-rpgs:

Super Street Fighter 2 (SNES)

X-men vs Street Fighter (ARC)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:42 am
I liked the Shadow of the Beast -cc because while the graphics were interesting design -wise, the technique was far from being perfect. So, doing challenge graphics based on a game that already has near perfect graphics isn't as fun as "improving" some old graphics that had potential but weren't quite as good as they could have been.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: November 13, 2012, 07:45:40 pm
How about we critique some of the old Disney games? Many of them had solid art and animation, but look as though the pixel art were handled by good artists unfamiliar with pixel technique. It would be an interesting direction for a change, I think.

edit: oh god O.o sorry for bumping such an old(albeit stickied) thread, for some reason this was showing up as a new post; I had no idea it was a year old.

Offline kullenberg

• View Profile

Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 02:03:24 pm
This section doesn't seem to be very active, but I'd love to see a topic on Ecco the dolphin.

Offline 7Soul

• View Profile

Reply #77 on: February 01, 2016, 02:10:42 am
GIVE US ANOTHER COMMERCIAL CRITIQUE POST!!!

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #78 on: February 01, 2016, 02:15:58 am
The next commercial critique is currently planned for June.

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #79 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:25 am
Is it megaman battle network, or megaman zero, or megaman zx? I love megaman.