AuthorTopic: The Colored Line Art thread (Doodles also Allowed!)  (Read 273215 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: The Colored Line Art thread (Doodles also Allowed!)

Reply #110 on: October 18, 2007, 07:14:49 am
Just tweak his legs and you have an instant winner @ __ @ 'Failed?'! Go away!
' _ '

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #111 on: October 21, 2007, 08:59:07 pm
So's I realized, recently... I had never done a basic "Top down grass" tileset.

I learned a CRAPTON doing that.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #112 on: October 27, 2007, 01:03:07 am
Looking through my hardrive and found something that was unfinished but i wanted to share the joke. It was for the avatar killing challenge,
and there was this guy who cheezed me off saying "i know what art is but you don't becuase your stupid". So this was my eleaborate way to
get back at him:

Story: That guy is walking along weirdly wearing 'beatnik' clothers in an art museum. He sees a abstract portrait, then smiles and says "thats
art". He keeps walking along and looks at the next piece. Its modern art, so its a bag with shit in it nailed to a board. He looks at it and says,
"thats art". Then he walks along and sees a fire extinguisher. He looks at it and says "thats art". Finally he keeps walking, slips on a banana peel, falls through a window, down 20 storeys and smacks on the ground. Shows him dead with a rat pulling his brain out. And then another
beatnick walks by, looks at the body, and says "thats art".

I got really busy so i never finished it.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Reply #113 on: October 27, 2007, 02:11:21 am
BoB, I have to say that no matter what, your art always looks very good. It's such a different style for pixel art that it's always aesthetically pleasing, even if the subject is boring.
I.....am......me............

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #114 on: October 27, 2007, 11:07:46 am
Its modern art, so its a bag with shit in it nailed to a board.

I'd just like to point out that at some point ALL art was Modern... those cave paintings the cavemen did... modern art at the time... likewise, that stuff that the turtles did (you know, raphael, michelangelo, donnatello and leonardo) did was modern... at the time... and indeed I'm sure you're all aware that the likes of monet, and pissaro, and manet, and van gogh, and Renior, and Degas, and Cezanne, and Gaugin, etc - was modern (and [at the time] considered shit and not worthy of public display by the art establishment)

Point I'm making is that using the term 'Modern Art' refers to all art at some point in history depending on your point in time(realistically) but it tends to applied to any art that is difficult to 'understand' because it's not a painting of a nice landscape or a bowl of fruit or a sculpture of some biblical figure... And in reality modenism began as an art movementin the late 19th and early 20th century and is still being used today (in a pejorative manner) which I personally find quite ironic.

I know what you're saying Sharprm though... it's just that the subjectivity of art is so open to personal interpretation that it's nigh on impossible to argue the case.

what's that over there? is a can... of worms per chance...?
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #115 on: October 28, 2007, 04:02:59 am
digging through some old folders, found what I think was my first attempt at pixel art:

and a couple months ago I started to improve it:

I decided to keep the same colours (taken from a LTTP screenshot lol) and see how much better I could make it (added black tho)
I should finish it one of these days..
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline AlienQuark

• be triangular
    • View Profile

Reply #116 on: October 28, 2007, 06:25:55 am
Its modern art, so its a bag with shit in it nailed to a board.

Point I'm making is that using the term 'Modern Art' refers to all art at some point in history depending on your point in time(realistically) but it tends to applied to any art that is difficult to 'understand' because it's not a painting of a nice landscape or a bowl of fruit or a sculpture of some biblical figure... And in reality modenism began as an art movementin the late 19th and early 20th century and is still being used today (in a pejorative manner) which I personally find quite ironic.

To be fair, the whole reason it was called that was in response to the industrial revolution and sorts. Modernism and 'modern art' were kind of a bigger picture kind of movement encompassing a variety of new styles and things of that sort. Just as the renaissance was a 'rebirth' of roman and greek art, or how neoclassicism was... well you get the point I think. Someone called it modern art for a reason, not just because it was new. It was in response to something, just the same as all artistic shifts ever made. I don't think they would've called themselves modern back in the day. New, revolutionary maybe, but not modern.

Felt compelled to respond to this. Sorry for getting tangential

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #117 on: October 28, 2007, 06:30:18 pm
digging through some old folders, found what I think was my first attempt at pixel art:

and a couple months ago I started to improve it:

I decided to keep the same colours (taken from a LTTP screenshot lol) and see how much better I could make it (added black tho)
I should finish it one of these days..

Ah the Moon form Mojara's Mask. Excellent subject matter. I like the improvements, and with a little bit more work, this will turn out great :)
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #118 on: November 09, 2007, 08:46:54 am
Since I won't be able to finish this in time for the PJ challenge I figured I might as well post it here:

Would still appreciate any critique, however!

The color ramp is very boring I feel
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:51:05 am by Darien »

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: The Line Art thread

Reply #119 on: November 09, 2007, 09:17:52 am
Made this long ago, never finished it, but I might as well post it. :/

Didn't see these before, I like the oufit and how it was shaded/colors, but not so the skin tones.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.