AuthorTopic: RCR Store Tiles and Mockups (My First New Pixelopolis Post)  (Read 3673 times)

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance
Hi everyone! I was a member of Pixelation for a little while but not really well known or anything. For a little while I had a small competition with some friends to pixel new tiles and store scenes for River City Ransom. Here are mine:

As you can see, I tried to use some of the tiles multiple times because I know systems have a limit on the number of tiles available. I like the arcade the least because the tops seem too skinny, but it's difficult with that palette and size to create a good illusion of depth. C+C much appreciated, and I'll probably be posting other projects soon!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:07:35 pm by dreamisle »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: RCR Store Tiles and Mockups (My First New Pixelopolis Post)

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 01:45:20 pm
these are very well executed as far as I can tell. No real crits. Just remember, smiles are always free!

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 01:55:11 pm
is river city rampage some sort of fan-project of yours, or did you omg make a mistake (it's ransom not rampage)

i guess these work because, heh, i at first was wondering why you would be posting rcr snapshots. uhm, maybe make the tops of the gaming machines shiny if you can spare a color in those tiles?

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 02:07:19 pm
OMG It's early in the morning. I meant Random, I truly did. Many many apologies! I can try making the tops shiny, but not sure if that'll make them look less funny, but I'd be willing to try it after I wake up some more.

Edit: Yes, it's truly that early and I'm that tired. When I tried to correct my mistake that said Rampage by replying, I put Random instead of Ransom. I feel like an idiot with all of these tyops.  :(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:08:57 pm by dreamisle »