AuthorTopic: Pixelator: Snake!  (Read 88579 times)

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Final (Rules)

Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 06:14:48 pm
Yes, good luck!

I'm rootin' for ya Mirre. :D
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 07:14:25 pm
The idea is genius. Boy oh boy, i can't wait till the results!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:51 pm
I must see what Snake comes up with. Such a hodgepodge of seemingly unrelated madness all in one scene...Good luck to both of you. I'm really looking forward to Mirre's. I think this might just turn out differently than originally projected.
I think you are supposed to repixel them, not use the actual ones you made in the mockup.
-Each of you must use your own background of the sky you just created - as your background for the mockup - no edits or changes to that.
?

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 08:13:35 pm
Nice topic there :) I must say I originally thought that the rounds would get tougher in maybe colour modes and console restrictions and stuff like that but I like how the topics have made way for people to keep their own style and feel to the entries. Though modes would also be fun.

Anyways, mirre's sky is like perfect for a mockup and snake looks like you got yourself in a tangle with the different concepts, but I'm sure you'll still pull through with something amazing. Goodluck guys.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 09:18:03 pm
It says that there should be no changes to the background, does this mean we can movie it up or down, or do we essentially have to tile on top of it?

The reason I'm asking is because of the perspective in my clouds. It's from the ground tilted upward and, unlike Mirre's planar picture, will break any perspective in my tiles when changing height unless they're all different. Could of course just cover it by a wall, but that sort of defeats the point.

Hm. A jar-carrying armor-dancer vs a mutant closet on an alien planet in the middle of a tornado subtly interrupted by sunshine... I'll have to think about this...

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 02:22:56 am
I foresee an issue of the background sky being overwhelming for snake :o

take that you overacheiver!

This is a nice final round, i was ready to make a suggestion similar to it for the second pixelator if a thread were made asking for ideas; though i suppose that is not longer needed. Certainly i'd agree with most people that many of mirre's concepts tie themselves together nicely. But i'm still really interested in what Snake will produce.

Offline Willows

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 08:42:19 pm
Hm. A jar-carrying armor-dancer vs a mutant closet on an alien planet in the middle of a tornado subtly interrupted by sunshine... I'll have to think about this...

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I can't wait to see both of you try pull some sense into your madness :)

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 10:57:07 pm
Sorry Mirre,
Im going to say, that you will have to change yours to 240x160
last round i asked for 240x160

Okay, so if I understood the rules correctly; then I can use snake's tileset for inspiration too, and vice versa?

ya, you can inspire your tiles off of either tileset

Man, my mockup is going to look really weird with my tentacle monster and then the centaur for character sprite (you can change sizes and stuff for both the monster and female character right?) ...well, at least it's going to be one unique mockup!

As ptoing mentioned - you need to repixel them as sprites for the game. Do not use them exactly. Doesnt matter size - but keep in mind, your main character is a sprite for a game, so cant be overly big or small. Your monster isnt a boss either - just a creature you may encounter in the alien world. Therefore it shouldnt be the entire screen either like some bosses are. Im not going to put a size limit - but within reason, and proportions.

It says that there should be no changes to the background, does this mean we can movie it up or down, or do we essentially have to tile on top of it?
hmm - well since mirre has to change her sky abit to match the right size restrictions, Ill allow a few edits or changes to the sky. Dont make a new sky - rather edit it using the same colours (no new, or replacement) to make better sense with your tiles. So if you want to move it up, or sideways, or change something small then ill allow it - but it has to be close to the background you just created.

Hopefully that answered some questions
goodluck
:)

oh - zolthorg, can talk about changes or suggestions after this round.

Offline poingo

• :B
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 11:41:20 pm
Wow, I can't wait to see the results.  I've been lurking in the Pixelator threads all along, and everybody has come up with some fantastic stuff!  Perhaps if I hone my mad pixel skillz, I will compete next year.  :P  Good luck to both of you!
The above post may not be helpful at all, as the author usually has no idea what he is talking about.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 11:42:18 pm
about 1 week left