AuthorTopic: Pixelator: Round 4 RESULTS  (Read 53011 times)

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Round 4 RESULTS

Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 11:48:02 pm
wow, snake managed it perfectly to make his entry so rich and detailfull, and yet not too complicated to be visually attractive. also I love the different moods expressed by the different parts of the picture. for me this is a picture to learn from, not only in terms of pixelart techniques.

mirres entry is great too, having this very nice palette and a gradient over 200 pixels only done with 2 colours :D
also I really like how the stars look in the lower area which really makes them look like they were shining through the dark-blue atmosphere instead of looking like they were in front of it (seen from our side. oh well I guess I can't explain it right, nevermind)

Stunning entries, both of you :)

Offline Sharm

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:18 pm
Snake - that's awsome.  Fantastic composition, style and contrast.  I showed my mom, and she was very impressed.  Then I told her it was pixel art.  ;D

Mirre - I really love that moon, the misty look of the gradient and the way the stars in the brighter sky aren't as clear.

Great job, both of you!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #42 on: April 01, 2007, 12:20:28 am
I...I think my eyes asploded.
Great job, both of you. Just lovely. I mean...wow.

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #43 on: April 01, 2007, 04:41:33 am
Holy crap.. That is amazing. I ain't going near that Haha. Hurray for the final round! Great job to you two!  :lol:

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: April 01, 2007, 04:49:40 am
it was supposed to be 240x160, not 160x240, which might cause some hassle later on ;) )

alluding to the final challenge, perhaps?! D:

Snake, love your entry, though, some parts seem a tad sketchy, but i guess that is expected when pixelling a sky, something that isn't really structured or defined, as well as with limited colors. A great job overall. I kinda wished the lightening was more contrasted, but it looks nice.

Mirre, I like the layout of yours, a nice vertical panoramic, but i can't help but feel that the 50% dither throughout most of the lower portion could have been mixed up a little, with different patterns to add more interest. The moon is nicely done, and it flows well as a whole. Good work.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: April 01, 2007, 08:24:43 am
Goddam those entry's...  Thats brain exploding goodness that is.
final round will certinly be something.

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #46 on: April 01, 2007, 08:50:52 am
it was supposed to be 240x160, not 160x240, which might cause some hassle later on ;) )
Uh-oh...
lol, what a stupid mistake (I was just waiting for myself to do something like that).

And wow snake, I totally love yours. It's such a great mix of calm sky and storm. I especially like the lightning, and the parts where the light shines through the clouds.

The last round is going to be... exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: April 01, 2007, 09:03:23 am
wow, great work guys. Snake, that sky is amazing! Yours rule too mirre and you are guys are gonna have a splendid final!

[edit] I wil try and finish mine nontheless and post it in pixel art thread.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:10:39 am by buloght »

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #48 on: April 01, 2007, 11:24:03 am
Superb.

The different style both look fantastic.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: April 01, 2007, 03:43:58 pm
Was really hoping for Blick to show up. Ah well. That's some effective dithering you've got going Mirre, had to zoom to notice.

Guess I'm up against you in the final round after all. Can't wait to see how this turns out! I wish you the best of luck in the finals.

(and I'm still waiting for those WIPs  ;) )