AuthorTopic: Pixelator: FULL  (Read 131629 times)

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelator: Signup

Reply #70 on: January 19, 2007, 10:10:47 am
Quote from: snake
A few questions: Are there no theemes that we'll be making our pieces after? Just make whatever? Also, are there no guidelines as to what and how this is to be made?

Right now there are no known themes. Once the challenge begins, and everyone has signed up and been assigned to a duel I will announce the first challenge. Each challenge will vary from technique to creativeness. Im leaving it fairly open to interpretation so that everyone doesnt recreate the same image, rather uses their creativity to think of a something different that relates to the theme.
But yes, there will be themes. Once each new round begins, the new theme will be released.

Quote from: ZoSo
just a question can you pixel anything and in any size you want? Doesnt matter, i still in just wondering
Each challenge will have different limitations / expectations. Some may be open to size variation, some may be restricted. Im not saying overly much about the challenges, as thats what I hope will add to this - no pre-planning. I will though, list what is expected and excluded for each challenge.

Quote from: Stwelin
here's a question: is animation a possibility when it comes to the image requirements for each round?
as of right now, no I do not see any animation. Every image will be static.

--
Hope that answers some questions.

Sorry for taking abit to respond. Seems quite abit has happened in this thread within the past day.

Im actually really surprised at how well this is seeming to turn out. As someone had mentioned earlier, I too was alittle worried that it wouldnt get much participation because of 'hurt feelings' and such.
So, because of the quick and large amount of enthusiasm this has recieved, I will up it to 5 rounds.

YES, THE TOURNY NOW HOSTS 32 PEOPLE --> 5 ROUNDS

I had initially only wanted it to be a small activity, because as Indigo mentioned, this was going to be the test run. I wanted to see what type of activities work and what dont. I also wanted to get a grasp of a good format and set of rules.
What I had hoped, was that if this small version is successful, then I would create a larger version.
Seems to be working out pretty good so far, and at this rate, I see myself setting up another one, if anyone here misses out.

Now, just waiting to fill those last few positions for round 5. I do not think I will include anymore after this, since this is my test run at the activity.
If those spots get quickly filled, Im hopeing to start the activity by about sunday/monday sometime.

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #71 on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:07 am
What's the rule calling for people who are late in submitting their entry? Disqualification due to no-show? I suggest so. Let's not have any delays, given how these thing will take.. 2 weeks per round, five rounds... more than two months.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: January 19, 2007, 01:43:27 pm
Since we've moved from 16 to 32 I redid the graph:

Added the new icons and added my own. That's as far as I'll go in terms of a portrait. Put in the added names to the list. Tried to keep it random, but I ended up following the list in the end. Took a while to figure out how to make the dark backdrop less distracting from the main lines. Took even longer uploading a version Photobucket would accept. If there are any name errors just point them out and they'll be fixed by the next update.

Still haven't got my new comp. I'm still going to participate, just hope it gets here today as building it takes time.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #73 on: January 19, 2007, 02:05:04 pm
Count me in. Going to regret it, but w/e. Sounds like this is going to be awesome.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 02:30:47 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline snader

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: January 19, 2007, 02:53:55 pm
JOINAGE! JOIN+1

ps. i'm joining.

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #75 on: January 19, 2007, 03:06:46 pm

Well I added me.  :D

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #76 on: January 19, 2007, 03:12:06 pm
So, planning on being pxtion's fozzybar Flaber? ( a reference to conceptart.org forums...)

well, I think from now we should plan out a containment method for when someone drops out. Conceptart.org has done many many contests like this and people AAALWAYS drop out, not to mention that is precisely what happened in the Secret Santa.......

Helm...hillarous to see u play a soft side XD. yeah Simon is kind of the first guy who reaaaaaaally critiqued the contestants...that's why he can be associated to you, "a simon" sort of equals the quintesential reality show hard C&C-er, Simon himself is quite the asshat but the "simons" of other shows have been more fair and respectful to the contestants...so being "a simon" is ok...while Simon" isnt :p

man I would've sworn you meant simon belmont because of the long hair and rough face features.

this has been another edition of things only I could care about.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 03:19:15 pm by Conceit »

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #77 on: January 19, 2007, 03:26:58 pm
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 04:55:45 pm by buloght »

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #78 on: January 19, 2007, 03:38:46 pm
"IM JOINING"

Not to sure that I'd make it I'm up for the learning experience :)

Scotteh

Reply #79 on: January 19, 2007, 03:48:23 pm
Because your answering questios soon flaber, when the competition starts, will we have to pixel to a certain topic? limitations? If not then will it be random choice