AuthorTopic: Fighter Sprites  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Fighter Sprites

on: September 25, 2005, 07:04:05 am

I haven't made fighter sprites for a long time. These are my new ones. They really suck. C+C please.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: Fighter Sprites

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 12:26:14 pm
I looked up close and they look great, except for a few random pixels.  Just make them larger.  They are one of the few things that looks good at 8x.
Don't say they suck, because taxes suck, school sucks, government sucks, tickets suck and scratched disks suck; you don't want to put your self at the same level as a scratched disk do you?
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 09:12:04 pm
 Thanks. I think I should work on more fighter sprites to practice.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:29:13 am
heh, it looks good for a sprite a bit above half that size :p

remember, detail to size. This sprite looks like one of those cheap "hi-res" sprites abundant in editing boards, because all the lines are scribly and there's lack of detail.

if I was you I'd resize this to something a bit above half the size, because the configuration of the shade is clean and looks good, but all the actual details are very sloppily made, and all of the actual shapes are very unprecise. You should also work on the pallete, the skintones need more contrast.

after that if you want take a new stab at a fighter sprite, but remember you will have to put much more detail than this, and really work on your lines.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 06:07:38 am
 Hmm..what does contrast mean again? I keep forgetting this.

Offline LuciferianSoul

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 11:56:56 am
The difference between two or more things.

eg. Low contrast means there is very little different between shades of colour (which makes it dull, and pillow shading-like).
But higher contrast sprites look better, stand out more and are all around more visually appealing.
Too much contrast and it looks stupid, as if the shades or shadows are totally different parts.

Offline PK Mays

• Formerly blu_munkee
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 07:50:54 pm
I think he needs more dark outlines in areas. The one on the right has much better clarity because the the dark lines you added. The boots and the right arm look good, but some details--like the area between his pants legs--get lost because of a lack of any lines.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 09:20:02 pm
Opps, reloaded the page.  For some outlandish cause the initial time I loaded this page the fighter looked like it was really small about 12 x 8.  Not sure why though...  Fighter sprites are the WW2 video game in the pixel world.  Done way too much, all are nice but they don't draw my attention like they used to.
Proud to be a BMS team: