Critique > Pixel Art

Attack Animation - Help & Critique

(1/2) > >>

poink:
Hi!
Im new here, hope I did everything right.
I just started with pixelart, can anybody give me some advice or critique to improve this animation?

thanks!

Schwee:
You could benefit from one more frame post swing, to emphasize the ease out.  And, for what its worth,  you could put some more creativity into the 'drag' frame.  I don't know if it's even possible to find a pixel art attack animation that doesn't use a drag.  It's grown boring.  It's not exactly a fair critique, I use it myself in every animation I've done so far, but it is definitely becoming that makes me cringe as of late.  It does definitely look solid though overall.

CFKaligula:
Edit:
I think the most important change I made is timing, I made the anticipation frames take longer and the slash frame shorter. This makes it feel more elastic, a long wind up and a short execution makes it feel stronger. Of course if you want it to be a weaker attack then you have to weaken the anticipation.

Another thing i tried to do is have some restoration frames, so when they are done with the attack, they have to get back to their normal position.  I don't think they are really mandatory, but I think it would improve your animation anyway.

poink:
Thanks for your reply!

@Schwee: I tried to add a second post swing frame and indeed it looks a lot better. You are right about the drag frame, i will work on it :)

@CFKaligula: it looks much smoother.

Im using this animations for a game im making in my free time and the artwork is driving me nuts sometimes, so every critique is welcome :).

poink:

A little bit better i think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version