Sprite, Portrait and Stat Screen.

(1/2) > >>

StelloHexis:
Overworld Sprite:

Portrait:

Stat Screen/Menu:

hexcode:
Looks really cool,
I'd even out the spacial padding around the text, It will help make the presentation look cleaner.
Maybe add different colors for the stats vs the stat names?

Impossible Realms:
Minus the "PlayerL100" across the top, I'd actually disagree, the tight spacing and consistent character size really gives off a nostalgic NES vibe, which I presume was the intention here. As for the art itself, I feel like the Overworld sprite may be a bit too small (could be just me though), but still really well made, I'd try adding the darker blue to the helmet as well to provide some shading like on the rest of the armor, but I didn't bother to check each 8x8 tile to see if that'd break NES limitations or not.

The portrait, on the other hand, I really love! I don't see much wrong with it, and it looks really nice especially for the era being emulated here. If I had to say something to be improved, I'd say it'd be the shading on the body. Humorously the opposite of the overworld sprite, the helmet in the profile has some really nice shading, but the rest is just a flat blue. However, given the NES style, I'd say it's an optional thing, and looks just fine as is, already appearing to be something you'd actually see in a mid to late era NES game!

Schwee:
I dig.  The blue looks a little flat in the chest area of the portrait.  Maybe try messing around a bit with some dithering or if you're willing to add a second darker shade, try that?  The previous poster shares my thoughts, which is that you're probably not willing to increase your palette if you're aiming for the NES style.

StelloHexis:
Thanks guys, you are so helpful! I tried implementing all of what you guys mentioned. I ended with this:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version