AuthorTopic: chain link fences and chain link fences on an angle (beat em up)  (Read 2996 times)

Offline bengonline

• View Profile
Hey so I'm working on some pixel art, I'm happy with my dead on version of a chain link fence but now I have to do a diagonal one.... Anyone have a good method or tips... or maybe help lol.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
Uuuuh... Post what you have? This is one of those things you gotta try first then get feedback on the attempt
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline bengonline

• View Profile
This is all I got. :S
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:54:11 am by Crow »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
That actually looks pretty alright! Try and work the perspective more, that hydrant looks pretty out of place. Shading is a good idea too! Good background silhouettes, I do buildings like that a lot myself.
Works better at night though, I'd re-do those with a brighter grey or purple to really sell the daytime element. Maybe some fog.

Also, to embed images you do it like so:
[img]filename.png[dashimage]

Obviously dash img should be /img, but if I do that it'll register all that as an image and ruin the example. The bolded bit is also important for making it actually show up!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline BatElite

• View Profile
If the question is still relevant, you could get a lot of leeway if you make the chainlink semi-transparent (the crossings slightly more opaque for example?). The diagonal fence could even have no completely transparent pixels that way.

I've not tested this myself though.
Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.