AuthorTopic: Attack Animation - Suggestions & Help  (Read 1803 times)

Offline FreddyRafn

• View Profile

Attack Animation - Suggestions & Help

on: June 12, 2017, 05:53:43 pm
So here's my animation :-[
http://imgur.com/rCSXfp9
I'm a 100% Newbie animator and pixel art creator or what it's called. I've never made this type of art before, i've always focused on modern logos and stuff in Adobe Illustrator. I've made arcade games but i decided to give some pixelart platformer games a try with my own assets. Problem is, i'm bad and can't find any good tutorials that can teach me general pixel art creating ??? Any tips on how to make this attack animation better?
Maybe post an edit on this topic so i can use that for a reference when making future animations? :P

Thanks  :) ;D

Also Quick Question: How do i insert gifs or animations directly to a post? Thanks.

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Re: Attack Animation - Suggestions & Help

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:13:05 pm
Edit:

The sword moves a lot, but the character does not at all. I don't know if you have ever seen someone swing a sword but they don't just move the sword, their whole body moves. Also, what is he hitting? his slash doesn't hit anything in front of him. He's now just hitting the grass.

The best advice i can give you is to just search for reference material, look at games you want to imitate or animation and try to recreat those. Something ilke a tutorial for "general pixel creating" doesnt exist. pixel art is still just drawing/painting so you gotta learn the fundamentals like perspective. There are however, tutorials for pixel-specific techniques like anti-alias and outlines.

To add a gif or image, upload it on imgur, then right-click and copy the adress of the image, then click on the mona lisa image in pixelation.org to add an image and paste the address between the [img]. sometimes imgur does weird and gives you a link that starts with blob. and is very long, just refresh the imgur page and try again.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:14:56 pm by CFKaligula »
You get in the bowl

Offline FreddyRafn

• View Profile

Re: Attack Animation - Suggestions & Help

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 03:49:16 pm
Ahh, yeah i didn't think about that, or i actually forgot it.
Thanks alot man that was all i needed!  :)