AuthorTopic: Knight Artorias  (Read 2485 times)

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Knight Artorias

on: June 11, 2017, 06:07:21 am
I've been into pixel drawing for a few months and this is my latest work. This is our Wolf Knight from Git Gud.

Edit: My updated version (not sure how to color the shield tho):

Please share your opinions and feedbacks, I'll be really appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:39:54 am by awh13 »

Offline Portokal

• View Profile

Re: Knight Artorias

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 11:19:32 pm
I'm just a beginner myself, and by no means qualified to critique anyone else's art, but hopefully this is still helpful!

I'd recommend seriously increasing the brightness and contrast of your colors. You have a lot of very similar, very dark colors, which are pretty hard to tell apart; in fact, there are a bunch of colors that don't actually appear in your palette (highlighted in red):

Because of this, lot of the detail you've put in is pretty much impossible to see at native resolution, or even blown up— I couldn't even see the red belt until I until I started mucking around with it in my editor! This is a super quick-and-dirty color edit, so it doesn't look particularly good, but it's a lot easier to make out:

(actually the red belt still isn't really visible. do as I say, not as I do...)

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:25:56 am
Thank you for the feedback! I've got told that my colour isn't very different in term of contrast and brightness, and that's my biggest issue right now. I've also decided to reshape the sprite to a slightly bigger one so it's easier to read. That's a very nice edit you've done there.

Offline LoreSmyth

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:37:53 am
The bottom right image in your OP is your design right?
It is definitely much better than the top left (dark colors). I agree that you need enough contrast for the character "to read" well in small size. Good work !

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:54:00 pm
The bottom right image in your OP is your design right?
It is definitely much better than the top left (dark colors). I agree that you need enough contrast for the character "to read" well in small size. Good work !

Yeah that was my design, thank you :D