AuthorTopic: Any Environment Artists Willing to Mentor?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Any Environment Artists Willing to Mentor?

on: June 10, 2017, 01:58:24 am
Hey,

So I am working on a game, and any good game needs environments!  I consider myself a decent character artist and animator but I am really struggling with environments.  While I enjoy the critiques on this forum, I think I would benefit more from an informal online buddy who is willing to take a look at my WIPs and brainstorm with me on improvements.

I don't think I could offer money at this point unfortunately but if you help, I will certainly return the favor one way or another.  Hit me up on Skype at schweedubulus if you think this sounds interesting to you!  Thanks a ton guys!
Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Any Environment Artists Willing to Mentor?

Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:34:07 am
I can probably do a kind of back-and-forth thing. I'm working on my own environment skills right now, so having that kind of cross-critique might help both of us!

I don't use skype though, it's a trash program that's kind of been wholly replaced by discord at this point. Riotmode#7947 , hit me up if you have one!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 09:22:51 am
Hi Dude, I remember your Mars scene, and really loved it.

As it happens background/environments Is something I am having to crash course on myself in the last week or so. I am not sure about the Mentor aspect since I am just as new if not newer to this then you, but I am feeling a bit "Artistically" lonely with regard the project as I don't have any other artists to bump ideas off. I set up a discord chan specific to the project, so I have my project partner there (he is focusing on the functionality of the game, so code and other technicalities), then another game dev guy whom I knew before but invited for moral support anyway.
You are more then welcome to visit if you ever feel like a more general chat/feedback on your works, likewise I would love to get feedback from others on mine also. Right now I am REALLY struggling with composition in relation to setting up initial perspective (vanishing points) and making in game chars look like they are not superimposed into the scene due to the off angles.

Anyway give me a shout and I will pm you the discord channel link if your ever up for bumping ideas off each other.

Did you ever complete your alien planet scene? would love to see how it is now

Offline Schwee

• SchweeDubulus
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:17:44 am
Thanks man,  no updates on the alien landscape since the last post I made.  It's still a WIP for sure, but I didn't really have any plans for it so I am focusing on assets for the game I am working on.  Anyways,  my discord is SchweeDubulus #2768 and I'm always down to talk pixel art.
Looking to collaborate.  Hit me up, especially if you are a GM programmer, or if you just have some sweet ideas.

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 06:28:22 am
Heyup Schwee,  A bit embarrassing but I cant seem to figure out what to do with the number / nick you gave.  I am still learning my way around discord, and usually I am familiar with url invites from people.
I shall ask a guy in my chan who knows a bit more about how it works later and try again whenever he is about next.