AuthorTopic: [C+C] Outrun Inspired Piece  (Read 1730 times)

Offline zealotlee

• zealotlee
    • zealotlee22
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Art Portfolio

[C+C] Outrun Inspired Piece

on: May 26, 2017, 03:10:06 am

I did this in a couple of hours tonight. Since I haven't had many commissions lately I'm trying to keep my skills sharp. I'd appreciate any feedback you all could offer. Thanks!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C+C] Outrun Inspired Piece

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 03:57:53 am
Bit empty! Iirc  outrun dots the edges of tracks with palm trees, try adding some of those!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Outrun Inspired Piece

Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:50 pm
Hey, I have a particular fascination with neon, in particular 80s neon things, and most especially hot pinks, I think you have managed to capture both that 80s retro feeling and at the same time a good reference to the game this image is based on.

I would agree and say it needs "something" else, the truth is there is a ton you could do with it, but you don't want to end up guiding the lily either. Perhaps some neon-ish abstract wire-frame simple cubes going into the distance. I notice you have a darker line on most of the areas of the blue grid, I might suggest (if you have colors to spare) that you apply that on your grid on both sides, perhaps use 3 shades going darker, this might give the appearance of a slight glow, I am also curious if you could do it on the elements in the sun too.  A quick way to test how effective it might be before committing to painting is bring the image into photoshop(or whatever), color pic all the  blue grid lines out, and pop it on its own layer, then simply experiment with layer styles/glow/gradients.etc , might be worth doing also on the sun. 

But hey I am a sucker when it comes to glows , hazes, neon.. this image could work just as well as you have it but with a bit more feature on the left and right sides.

good luck with it,, I would be interested to see it if you ever complete it.

maybe also cast your peepers over these for inspiration.
https://www.google.ie/search?q=wallpaper&hl=en&biw=1360&bih=652&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Vb7qUrygForF7AbvkIGYBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&gws_rd=cr#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=80s+neon