AuthorTopic: [C+C][WIP] Need help with some colors  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Sanidromi

• View Profile

[C+C][WIP] Need help with some colors

on: May 13, 2017, 10:48:27 pm

I've been trying my hardest with this, but I have a bad time with colors so I just want thoughts on how to improve it and some kind of explanation. Like if it isn't hue shifted right, or however you'd phrase that, just give me some example of how different the colors in question should be or if it needs something else help me out.

I've already had a real bad time with this, people have been giving me contradictory advice so I'm kinda lost.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C+C][WIP] Need help with some colors

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 01:26:59 am
Couldn't tell you what I actually did here since I kinda just poked around with saturation and soft-light layers until it looked better, but I DID tweak one of his arms to match the other in length better.

Of note: Pauldrons have a more contrasted yellow-gold to them, and I played around with the skin to help contrast further.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Sanidromi

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:12:09 am
Ah, thanks so much!
Didn't think to make things a little redder or even notice the awkward arm. Having it all a bit brighter helps a lot.

Offline Aniki

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:48:49 am
My favorite tool for stuff like this are the Hue/Sat/Val sliders in Paint.net
The Magic wand lets you shift+click to select every pixel of a certain color and then you can mess with just that color.

Anyway I put in a couple of minutes and maybe got it a bit better? I can see why you are having trouble, I just can't seem to find that perfect shade

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 01:50:24 pm

A lot of your colours are too samey, especially the dark brown of the belt and the cloth under his head is bearely distinguishable from his red shirt and pants. I tried to edit the colour and also did some changes on his pose and shading.
You get in the bowl

jun

Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 02:21:28 pm
Colors are way too garish. Desaturate, play around with the saturation and brightness more. It'll come with time, keep playing with them.
Design is stiff and boring, try going crazy with it. Doesn't hurt. Think more. What do you want out of the character? What does he do? etc etc
quick scribbles