AuthorTopic: My first pixel art here. How can I improve this? (Consequently my skills?)  (Read 1952 times)

Offline iiiFOXiii

• View Profile
Hello all,

So, as my first topic here, let me introduce quickly. A guy who loves game dev, but need learn to draw...  ::) ;D
I know a lot of concepts, watch lots of videos on youtube, but in practice i am not good at all (Yet!!!).
This is a robot that i was making training stances of a main character for a game.

What can I do to improve it? It is too small or is the right size? I accept any c+c for my improvement!

Nice to meet you all!

Offline CosmosCentric

• View Profile
Nice to meet you too. :) I'm also pretty new to pixel art.

His right foot is lower than his left foot. If you imagine the ground as an straight line, like it is in most 2d games, one of his feet is above that line and the other is resting on it pretty naturally.

Also, if he's a robot, maybe make him shiny? ^^ Unless you want him to be matte.

Offline Samaramon

• View Profile
Other than the right leg being really far out, it looks good :) Try moving it a tad, make it a bit more parallel to his arm. Or you can just move the foot a bit and keep the leg, the foot looks a bit detached!