AuthorTopic: looking for an 8bit pixel artist for a childrens book  (Read 2825 times)

Offline tuk

• View Profile
I have written a children's book and am looking for an artist. I want to use an 8bit pixel art style. The book is set in the jungle and features lots of jungle animals. I work in television (in Australia), and through my work, have direct access to several publishers. IF the book is picked up, you WILL be paid. I have done a layout for all the pages, but I want an artist who will take those ideas and make them their own. If you are interested, please show me your best 8bit giraffe.

Thanks,

Dave

Offline llamacyst

• View Profile

Re: looking for an 8bit pixel artist for a childrens book

Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 07:09:50 pm
Here is a giraffe watching TV:

I lack the knowledge of a lot of technical terminology, but i hope this is complying with your wishes
The giraffe itself is made up of 8 colours, however the surrounding area contains many more. It is on a 64x64 canvas as well.
If this is against your wishes, i can easily isolate the giraffe and reduce the colour palette.

I look forward to your response.

Offline tuk

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 10:04:01 pm
llamacyst, thanks for the reply and the awesome giraffe. I think I lack more of the terminology than you. What I meant by 8bit was something a lot more simple than your giraffe. Something more akin to the look of Mario on the NES, or something from the c64.

Thanks again for your giraffe, I loved it.
Dave

Offline SakibKArt

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:23:28 am
This sounds like fun! I'd be happy to help :)
Here is my portfolio: https://sakibkhandker1.wixsite.com/sakibkart/portfolio
If you're looking for even simpler stuff than what's on my portfolio, it can be done.
You can reply to me here or my email sakib.khandker1@gmail.com if you are interested.