AuthorTopic: momoo short game [WIP]  (Read 4350 times)

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

momoo short game [WIP]

on: March 27, 2017, 04:01:00 pm
Hello folks, been a while I haven't come here! :crazy:

I come here to get some feedback on the level as well on the characters animations.

The gameplay of this project will be a seek and find game. Which mean the main character have to find the missing part of her milking machine. These missing parts are hidden in every room.

The game will be in famicube restriction created by our fellow Arne which you can find the information here: http://androidarts.com/palette/Famicube.htm so far, I managed to reproduce them thank to this fantastic game engine: https://pixelvision8.itch.io/game-creator due to their limitations as it's still in alpha phase, I used the resolution of 256x144 which I think it was enough for this short game... hopefully.

If you're interested to know what is my code source, you can visit here: https://itch.io/t/67831/momoo-short-game-wip

So, here come how far I've done the past weeks:

The spritesheet you can see here:

Then here the 4 animations of idles for each:

The walk cycle that I still have trouble with:

Also here the speaking animation:

Now the first room level I created so far:

I'm not entirely sure for the milking machine... I will probably redo it completely depending of your critiques and feedback.

For the game result, I only achieved this so far:

I still need to figure out how to give some dynamic move like the gif files I made with aseprite since the game result is in the same constant speed frame... But that is only for the code part.

Oh and I managed to remove many pixels that are wasting the 8x8 space... But there might probably have more. Feel free to edit them or destroy them!

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

Re: momoo short game [WIP]

Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:26:42 pm
hello again! it's been a while i haven't updated my works, so here how far i have done:

first of all, here the sprites sheet:

now here the animation of these sprites:

and now here 2 rooms wips i've done so far:

the second level which it's still far from done:

here a few icons i made for the "game":

the result of the "game":

bonus just for fun that i've done it before the release of PV8 0.70a, a pregnant version of the main character... [blush] :

that is all for now!

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Re: momoo short game [WIP]

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 10:01:14 pm
To be honest, I suspect there is little audience for this here if you were looking for one.

I don't have time or energy for any edits (at least right now), but here are some general things:

-I read the character's arms as its back at first, and then thought it had no arms. Might want to see what you can do about that, but I think it's partially to do with the hand overlapping the thigh so smoothly.

-If you're intending to have a resolution of 256x144 you're severely overestimating the amount of space you have in your mockups (which are at famicube resolution, so which are you using?):

-What restrictions do you have in general? is the square canvas meant for one room or multiple? What are the colour limits? Things like that.

-Beside the milk machine I think all the graphics could use some improvement. Most things aren't shaded, and a few designs don't make much sense (the treasure chest in an otherwise relatively modern building, the torches on shields(?), the various brick sizes for the blues wall).

-An Itch.io board thread is probably not the best place to store/post your source code, even if only because posts would get very long.
Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.