AuthorTopic: [Rev-Share] Team looking for enthusiastic Pixel Artist to join our adventure!  (Read 2766 times)

Offline ktar5

• View Profile
Hello, Pixelation!

I, along with three other talented and experienced members of my team, am creating a game in Unity about the mythological tale behind how dreams came to be, and the historic fight between the goddess of light, and the god of darkness and sleep. The game is about the quest of one boy who, with the goddess of light's blessing, sets out on a boat to sail to the shrines of the god of darkness and reduce them to rubble-- eventually moving on to defeat the god of darkness himself.

The current stage of the game is concept art, prototyping, and design. We are working on creating our fully document GDD, we have working prototypes of multiple of the mechanics including sailing and ocean creature AI, and also have concept art being created on a daily basis. Here's some more information for those of you that like to read. If you don't like reading, feel free to skip to the last paragraph of this post.
Narrative:
Our game is narrated from the perspective of a grandmother telling her curious granddaughter a story, after being asked a peculiar question: "Why do we dream?", and consists of gameplay where the player is creating the narrative as they travel.
Gameplay:
The mechanics revolve around the player traveling through an explorable and living ocean on a sailboat, navigating without the help of quest markers by solely using the starry night sky. The other half of the gameplay is centered around the difficult/skillful combat required at each of the 4 island shrines.
Concept Art:
http://imgur.com/a/RLu90

We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Pixel Artist to join our team. If this idea sparks your interest or you have any questions about the project, feel free to contact us! You can reach me by adding me on discord with the tag Ktar#1702 or you can email me at ktarfive@gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing back from all you talented pixel artists,
thank you for reading.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
This does seem interesting, but how far along are you with the actual gameplay prototypes?
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline ktar5

• View Profile
This does seem interesting, but how far along are you with the actual gameplay prototypes?
As quickly as we finish designing them, our main programmer prototypes them. It's truly amazing what he's capable of. Currently we're working on the "Living Ocean" prototype which consists of fish AI and weather effects (rain, gusts of wind, etc). As far as the Living Ocean system we've already created the boat/wind prototype.

A few other things we've created that aren't really "mechanics" are the pixel-perfect camera (making sure our artists' work doesn't get stretched or torn), cutscene creator, and some sprite transforming code for certain in-game effects.

Next on our list as we continue to finish up the GDD is our combat prototype. We're working on the ocean prototypes first because there are a few details the main artist wants to work out stylistically that impact the design before we get combat examples up 'n running.

I sure hope that my answer was thorough enough. If you have any more questions

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
Excellent answer. Mark me down as interested, but unfortunately occupied.
I won't be available for unpaid work until I manage to clear some financial issues.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline ktar5

• View Profile
Excellent answer. Mark me down as interested, but unfortunately occupied.
I won't be available for unpaid work until I manage to clear some financial issues.
Sounds great! Feel free to contact me if you'd like to maintain communication.
Thanks!