AuthorTopic: [REV-SHARE] GAME "UNWRITTEN" LOOKING FOR PIXEL ARTISTS & ANIMATORS  (Read 7446 times)

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile
hello i am jara and i am making a game with around 10 others.

Even though this is my first game, I am planning to make a company if this game is succesful. My plan to keep everyone motivated to work on it even without much profit, is starting a donation pool after we've finished the arcade demo. We'll make 11 different games in total, at least that's the plan, and maybe a DLC with extra spells, equipment & weapons and an extra arcade mode. But we'll start with the arcade demo. The demo contains 2 characters and 3 modes. We haven't decided on the maps for the arcade yet. Here's my idea for the modes:

" we are going to make an arcade mode with options like PvP (1vs1, 2vs2, 4vs4 & free for all), an option where enemies come from 4 sides, and together you will have to protect your base, I have also been thinking of other ideas like adding an option of the game being all sidescroller and making it a race until the end where you can attack your opponents to prevent them from reaching the end and can also put out traps for them in the environment itself. We will start with making it so the player can connect through sharing IP adresses. "

I will give everyone who joins tasks, and recommend not looking too much at the big image. Focus on the task you are given on this right moment. don't worry about the future (like how many things there are still to do), I will take that stress on me, that's something for me to handle.

I will be able to give a short summary of the game and some screenshots, however I don't want to place too much information about the game on the internet. Not everything is fully polished yet in these screenshots. Some UI needs to be added, the artwork is for it already made but not placed in the game, so you won't be able to see it in the screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/BdOn3

SUMMARY
Everything started with just "existence" itself. "Existence" can take shape in everything, create everything and do everything it wants. It's a living being. Existence created a god called Astrea, given the power of space. Astrea created several worlds containing other living beings. However, one of those worlds Astrea watched over didn't satisfy her.

As time passed the newborn world flourished and began to grow, and with its growth so too did Astrea’s creations. From a small village to bustling towns the seeds of life Astrea had spread began to bloom and they deemed themselves humanity. Astrea looked upon her children with happiness for a time, yet with the growth of her children through the ages came sorrow, for they had been given a mortal life and with it the faults of mortality. The poison of mortality ran amok among her children and with it came bloodshed and struggles amongst themselves, and the unseen poison only continued to spread. Astrea bore witness to the destruction caused by her own creations in sadness and lament, yet Astrea could not interfere, she could only watch.

During those dark times Astrea chanced upon a young boy during her observations. She grew attached to the boy as he himself had become aware of the poison coursing through his fellow people. She watched as the boy beseeched the heavens to grant him power so as to save humanity from the poison in their veins. Astrea felt moved by the boy’s words and his determination and so she decided to aid the boy indirectly. She gave the boy a portion of her own power, she gave the boy the power over time, thus the Time Writer was born.

Astrea wants to get rid of the world(s) with humans while Weiss (the time writer) wants to reverse to a time without humans. Since the ideals of the gods clashed, they began war. Existence disagreed with both of the gods, that's why it took both of their powers away. Its plan was to create 8 newborn human beings, to make Astrea and Weiss think differently about the humans. They could only receive their power back by having four of the girls' consent. The girls weren't planning to give their power away easily because Existence waited 18 years for the girls to develop emotions and have a past before allowing them to enter the book. The girls were not aware of any of this. Both gods had one soldier each to use to manipulate the girls, which are: the boys.

Meanwhile there was something the gods didn't know anything of. There were cloaks guiding the girls, unseen by the naked eye. Only the girls themselves were able to see them. Those cloaks allowed the girls to develop their power and become more aware of what they are capable of.

these are the 8 characters right now:

Platform: PC.
Engine: Unity.
Language: C#.
Genre: Fantasy Action RPG.
Map: Isometric.

the game has 8 playable characters. each with a different element, weapon and story:
- girl1: light, sword and shield.
- girl2: poison, daggers.
- girl3: fire, katars.
- girl4: blood, scythe.
- girl5: nature, lance.
- girl6: ice, instruments.
- girl7: thunder, bow and arrow.
- girl8: dark, two handed sword.

title screen

also if anyone who sees this message would like to see the document related to the gameplay and full story summary, you can always email me and ask.

another thing I would like to mention is there are no deadlines and you can always tell me when you can't work on it/don't feel like doing anything. I will message you now and then though, if you have time. But don't see it as something to hurry you.

if you are interested in helping or have any questions, don't hesitate to email to: jarafee@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:39:27 am by Melodee »

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Re: UNWRITTEN RPG IS LOOKING FOR PIXEL ARTISTS/ANIMATORS

Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:03:24 pm
we are still looking!

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 06:21:46 pm
You might have slightly better luck if you put "Unwritten" in the thread title in quotes. Otherwise, it just sounds like you haven't written your RPG yet, which is probably not the message you want to send to potential participants xP

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 06:23:21 pm
oh i see!! thanks a lot!

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Re: GAME "UNWRITTEN" LOOKING FOR PIXEL ARTISTS/ANIMATORS

Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:41:30 pm
we are still looking!

Offline Raven Foxx

• Ravenhoof
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 07:07:49 pm
I'd join, but I'm a kid still improving on work, and I have school.  :(

Offline Finalhunt

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 08:39:41 pm
Sent a message over skype along with my portfolio :)

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile
updated!

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer