AuthorTopic: My 1st background  (Read 4575 times)

Offline inkyglow

• @inkyglow
    • View Profile

Re: My 1st background

Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 09:40:05 pm
Hey, this is really cool! I love the detail you've put into it, I was working on it for about 5 minutes before I saw the tree out the window :P I like that you've kept the contrast low on the wallpaper so it lets the other elements stand out.

I made a few adjustments - changing the shading on the pillars to match the light source more, moving the highlight on the pot further from the edge to suggest roundness, and changing the lighting on the windows.

I also added a highlight to the candle to make it stand out, but that's just my personal preference, you may want to keep it subtle.

I like the picture, perhaps it's a bit close to the pillar so it feels squished?

Hope that helps, keep it up!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 05:26:49 am
Honestly I'd say that loses a lot of the atmosphere the tileset had originally. Instead it may just be easier to move the moon over.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Afelium

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 08:59:18 am
Honestly I'd say that loses a lot of the atmosphere the tileset had originally. Instead it may just be easier to move the moon over.
Should I put the moon on the right?
about the shading of the pillar and the windows added by inkyglow (thank you very much for the edit):what makes the tileset lose atmosphere?
should I delete it or just edit it?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:58:25 am by Afelium »