AuthorTopic: Attack animation facing up  (Read 2026 times)

Offline miwicp1986

• View Profile

Attack animation facing up

on: February 15, 2017, 05:46:18 pm

Hey first time poster looking for some advice with attack animation I am working on, I want to make sure the attack feels like it has some heft to it and that it's actually hitting the ground in front of it.

Apologies for the stuttering frame rate! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Attack animation facing up

Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:16:36 am
Looks more like a witch doctor dance than anything else. Try finding a broom stick and swinging that like an axe, try to feel out the motion and pacing of it. If possible, record it for reference. I try to act out a lot of my harder motions this way and it helps a lot
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Re: Attack animation facing up

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:15:14 pm
Edit:

I only changed the the movement of the axe, so please don't pay attention to his body. So you can clearly see I added smears, they may be too much but they clearly convey the movement. In your animation I thought that the swing upwards was the slash, only after studying it a bit I find out he was slamming it down actually. This is where your amount of  frames is imporant. Since the axe is heavy you need lots of frames where he brings the axe up and a pause  and overshoot when the axe is at its highest point. Then comes the swing and this is the place where you would actually use a smear and I suggest you use one. Also you want to have the impact frames be long to really slow how heavy the axe is again.
You get in the bowl