AuthorTopic: After All Angel  (Read 7705 times)

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Re: After All Angel

Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 05:26:43 pm
I think that is a fair observation. I think if you front load the digestible content of a game, it would probably see better reception on a platform like greenlight. I'm not super about the general consumer on greenlight, but I feel like polished games with simple, familiar, and easy to understand concepts shown like guns and explosions and puzzle gems lining up and disappearing, or even some half intuitive concepts surrounded by buzzwords would have great success (stuff like Kerbal Space Program hopping on the creative game train started by Minecraft). So I guess my point is that the best way to get through greenlight is stuff a bunched of relatable, polished looking gameplay in the voter's face as fast as possible so they don't have to think too much before their attention runs out. It is an unfortunate and addictive behavior that is cultivated by mainstream culture. You could have the best game ever here, but greenlight probably won't be too receptive regardless :\. The best drive to vote is probably drawing interest with the abstractness and philosophy.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: After All Angel

Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 02:13:57 am
That sounds like a good way to do it.
If my game doesn't get greenlit in two months, I'll think about redoing it. While I wait, I can finish the game. :)