AuthorTopic: Giant Tree Landscape  (Read 2318 times)

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/155410.htm
    • View Profile

Giant Tree Landscape

on: December 26, 2016, 11:30:44 am

Hey, I just did this and I wonder if I could do anything to improve it.

Offline kullenberg

• View Profile

Re: Giant Tree Landscape

Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:34:12 pm
Colors are pretty cool, have a bit of a Roger Dean/Maxfield Parrish vibe to it.
My immediate impression is that the composition feels like a cropped version of the full image and that the scale is ambigious.
I feel frustrated by how the tree in the foreground is cut off and I want to get a better look at what's going on in the world presented. There is this temple thing on the hill in the mid ground that makes the trees in the background look like they are mountain sized which may very well be deliberate, but since we get so little other information it's pretty confusing.

If you want a more classical composition I would show more of the sky and the trees in the background basically make it less cramped. I would also advice you to think of a more consistent shape language. For instance you could repeat the upside down cone shape of the tree platform in the foreground and have it shown throughout the language, to further establish scale and help sell the design of shapes.

Offline kullenberg

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:29:15 pm

Here's my attempt at some of the stuff I mentioned in the previous post, maybe it'll give you some ideas

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/155410.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 06:38:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I want the giant trees to be part of the ambient; I don't want them to call much attention.