AuthorTopic: An angel  (Read 8063 times)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: An angel

Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 10:07:12 pm
Speaking as someone who uses both, a tablet is good for making fluid and presentable curves and the mouse is good for touchups and refinement. I utilize both as part of my workflow, though usually I'm too lazy to set up my tablet and wind up drawing whole things with my mouse, which is a bit more time consuming (and often aggravating when it comes to those curves!)
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline defrobo

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 02:49:57 am
Thanks to all who've commented so far. I've reworked the pose considerably, trying to make it more dynamic and emphasize volume. Hands and feet are still a problem, but I think I'll just need lots of practice to get them right.

I'm going to work on adding back in the face and then clean up the lines some more.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 03:07:32 am

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 03:33:33 am
Looking good, thin out the leading edge of the shin some though! They actually curve inwards very slightly towards the ankle!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline defrobo

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 05:56:27 am
ok, here's the latest. I wasn't happy with the left hand, and redrew it 3 times. It still looked crap, so I.. hid it with a sword  :D

Also, when I redrew the face the character changed a lot. I'm happier with it now but a little dissapointed I couldn't keep it looking like the same person. Hopefully with more experience I'll get that.

Thoughts? Thanks again for everyone's help, I've learned more doing these edits than I have in the last month combined.

Offline Ozego

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: December 24, 2016, 07:18:07 am
Huge improvements defrobo. Really nice work!

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 24, 2016, 08:21:59 pm
I'm happier with it now but a little disappointing I couldn't keep it looking like the same person. Hopefully with more experience I'll get that.

It looks like a different person because of how much more improved it is. To make it "look" like the person in the first iteration you would have to take backward steps from the progress you've made.

Don't do that, move forward.

And nice progress.  :y:

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: December 25, 2016, 03:25:58 am
I agree with everyone.  Fantastic improvement!

Just a few pixels can change a face a lot.  In my edit I lowered the eyes by one pixel and added a stronger shadow to the face,  and hair, added some contrast and a hand/arm edit.  There are many ways to make pixels as you can see in all the edits including yours.  Keep up the great work.