AuthorTopic: That guy  (Read 2168 times)

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

That guy

on: December 17, 2016, 10:29:28 pm
So I have this guy thats in the game. He looks like this I guess. SO, uhh. If you see something that needs fixing or have any animation recamendations... gimmie. Anyway... uhh, what impression do you get from the face of this character?

(Sorry his sprites look like poo. Im lazy. This should be good enough.)
I havent been posting much cause of finals. Dont got a lot of time to work on my project lately. OOOH WELL>
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:39:17 pm by ChillTaco »

Offline AppleGirl

• View Profile

Re: That guy

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 08:51:30 pm
I get the impression that he is sly and evil! I think the animation is verrry good. I liked the simplicity of the character. He looks very happy in the smaller sprites, but not evil like the top ones. Was that intended?

Offline Jehannum

• MMA-inspired Artist
    • jehannumma
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:55:57 am
The heads appear to be upside down in the small images.  In the large versions the widest part is where the eyes are and the slimmest part is where the mouth is. Correcting this should allow you to make the space between the eyes bigger, as they should be over the corners of the mouth.

The eyes and mouth also have a whiter area in the large versions, but I am not really sure how you're going to add that detail, and it's pretty significant in how the expressions work.
-----Working on my sig-----

Offline Kellawgs

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 03:24:22 pm
I like that in his smile animation you went through the trouble of redrawing his mouth for each frame. As for the character itself, it's at least unique. I would try and make his colors slightly more organic looking.