AuthorTopic: Help a new guy out  (Read 2303 times)

Offline EEVV

• Incoming programmer, FAYA ZE MISAILS1!1!!11!!!
    • scaryeye27
    • View Profile

Help a new guy out

on: December 14, 2016, 07:27:46 pm
The urge for me to learn how to draw pixel art has risen.

I don't really know what I should do. I don't often use palettes; I usually just increment by some number like 10. Don't ask what I increment (it is probably the lightness/darkness).

Please point me to the right direction, as, clearly, I do not know what I'm doing.

Offline Sharper333

• View Profile

Re: Help a new guy out

Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:40:04 am
It's a little unclear what you want? Do you need help or guidance using palettes? Or do you just want general help?

I wouldn't say you don't know what you're doing. That art is pretty clear. Unless that's not a monitor with some text on a desk.

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:14:46 pm
If you want to learn how to make good colours, I recommend watching this video  it explains a good basic way to get consistent good colours. if you want to get better than this, just  experiment with shifting certain values.
You get in the bowl

Offline EEVV

• scaryeye27
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 07:33:10 pm
It's a little unclear what you want? Do you need help or guidance using palettes? Or do you just want general help?

I wouldn't say you don't know what you're doing. That art is pretty clear. Unless that's not a monitor with some text on a desk.

Eh... My problem was with the color borders and such. I get really lost when it comes to colors (or pixel art for that matter :P).

Offline EEVV

• scaryeye27
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 07:33:35 pm
If you want to learn how to make good colours, I recommend watching this video  it explains a good basic way to get consistent good colours. if you want to get better than this, just  experiment with shifting certain values.

Thanks! I will definitely check this one out.