AuthorTopic: Attack Animation  (Read 28081 times)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Attack Animation

Reply #70 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:41 am
Definite improvement. Do you use aseprite? If so, there's an auto-complement setting you can use in the color wheel settings. I've used it a few times now for quicker color choices.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #71 on: April 25, 2017, 04:25:45 pm
Definite improvement. Do you use aseprite? If so, there's an auto-complement setting you can use in the color wheel settings. I've used it a few times now for quicker color choices.

I use Game Maker's spriting tools.  Yeah, I know, it's ingrained. 

I looked up the compliment, and saw it was in the area of green, but I can't see myself finding the right way to make that look right.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: May 05, 2017, 01:20:37 am

Based on one of Sol Badguy's animations, though I cut out the sort of wind up in favor of kicking straight to it.  Still a bit simple for me, but we're getting there.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #73 on: May 05, 2017, 01:52:02 am
That windup is called anticipation and is put there for motions to have more weight behind them.

If you're just going for a fast but kind of piffy character then you're probably going to be fine, but by removing that know that you remove the force behind the attack!
One way you could counter that is by having it sort of overcompensate with the thrust forward, like he pushes too far then has to scramble back a bit

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #74 on: May 06, 2017, 04:06:40 am

Turns out I accidentally deleted a frame of the wind up when I put them side by side, so that was why it looked off.  This doesn't seem perfect, but definitely has more oomph.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #75 on: May 06, 2017, 05:03:55 am
Yeah, way better haha
good stuff!

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #76 on: May 10, 2017, 07:59:47 pm
I think there is something wrong with the anticipation frames. His right arm looks like its the one going to fire, it has to most build up and is in the same direction. When you see those first couple of frames you expect that arm to shoot something. So when you see the rest of the animation you get disoriented, atleast I did.

I think the biggest problem is that the right arm has to much anticipation for what little action it actually does. I tried fixing it in my edit, but im not sure if i accomplished anything since i have been staring at it for so long.

Edit:

You get in the bowl

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #77 on: May 10, 2017, 09:11:57 pm
I think there is something wrong with the anticipation frames. His right arm looks like its the one going to fire, it has to most build up and is in the same direction. When you see those first couple of frames you expect that arm to shoot something. So when you see the rest of the animation you get disoriented, atleast I did.

I think the biggest problem is that the right arm has to much anticipation for what little action it actually does. I tried fixing it in my edit, but im not sure if i accomplished anything since i have been staring at it for so long.

Edit:

I can see where the confusion is coming from, but the attack comes from his left arm, and he pivots about 180 degrees, so it ends up on the right.  I tried to make the shading darker, as if it was in the background, but I guess that wasn't clear enough.

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #78 on: May 12, 2017, 04:02:53 pm
So I tried looking at your animation again after a while and I saw that the biggest problem is just these 2 frames:

The problem is that his right arm is positioned like it's gonna punch or do something.  Thats where the attention is drawn to. If you look at my previous edit, you see I tried to delete this effect and made his right hand move away already before he attacks.
You get in the bowl