AuthorTopic: Attack Animation  (Read 28119 times)

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Re: Attack Animation

Reply #60 on: April 10, 2017, 09:49:32 am
Edit:

I really miss the connection between the motion of the character and the balls. She swiftly makes her hand movement, but the balls just kind of float away. It was kind of hard for me to try to fix this, but I think I kind of succeeded(?). I feel the biggest problem is that the hand crossing is a very awkward movement that is very hard to read in silouette. It would be better to have her make a pose like this:
which is much more readable.

I also think that at the end of the motion her hands go back in place weirdly fluid, but her body doesnt recover at all, it just looks unnatural.
You get in the bowl

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: April 13, 2017, 06:07:59 pm
The idea with the magic is that she summons a ball carrying other balls and sends them out.  I started with her T posing like in your edit, but I felt it looked too samey compared to the rest, and crossing gives her a bit more flavor IMO.  I do agree her moving her arms back is a little too smooth compared to her torso, so I'll either make it snappier, or make the body a bit more fluid in that part. 

I think I'll work on reworking the magic altogether.  It's not really what I had envisioned, and the animation changed along the way, too.

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:16 pm
The biggest inconsistency in the last animation is that her motion doesn't coincide with her spell. She's doing a downward motion while the spile spikes forward. This creates a dissonance and conceals intent.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: April 21, 2017, 04:29:38 am

I decided just to scrap everything and rework it.  This is based on some animations from King of Fighters, specifically Iori and Kyo, and I think it turned out far better, which I guess is obvious as to why. 

I like where this is at.  It's not a perfect copy of the animations, so I think I might be able to start shading.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #64 on: April 21, 2017, 08:04:47 am
Looking good, but I'd commit further with the second motion, extend the arm more. As it is it creates a small readability issue with the silhouette since it stops while overlapping the face.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: April 21, 2017, 07:31:14 pm

Shading on the arms I'm not 100% on.  The ball is supposed to be light based, so I made it so it's mostly lighter nearer to it, but I'm not sure if that worked perfectly.  The hair when she first throws it up, too, looks a bit off.  Rest looks fine to me, though.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 11:37:57 pm
I think the problem might lie with some slight line-wobbling you got going on, try and refine the lines around the hair to keep things consistant.
Contrast might also be the issue, try adding more red/pink/whatever-color-that-ball-is-god-I-hate-my-colorblindness-problems to the lighting and the complementary counterpart of it to the shadows

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #67 on: April 22, 2017, 02:21:29 am
I think the problem might lie with some slight line-wobbling you got going on, try and refine the lines around the hair to keep things consistant.
Contrast might also be the issue, try adding more red/pink/whatever-color-that-ball-is-god-I-hate-my-colorblindness-problems to the lighting and the complementary counterpart of it to the shadows

I don't have as much a problem with how the outlines look, it's more how the hair looks from a forward view.  It doesn't look proper to me atm. 

I can try making her arm turn pinker and harshening the opposite shade on the other side.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #68 on: April 22, 2017, 03:30:18 am
Aye, keep playing with the colors.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: April 25, 2017, 05:43:14 am

I don't think I'm comprehending the complimentary stuff just yet, so I went with white and pink as opposed to skin.

Foward facing head is a lot better now, though, that's for sure.