AuthorTopic: Attack Animation  (Read 28083 times)

Offline danmanr98

• DanieruArt
    • http://desudanieru.tumblr.com/
    • View Profile

Re: Attack Animation

Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 02:02:14 pm

Shortened it.  I'm starting to think I should rework the slash.  It doesn't have the effect I want.

Also changed Pink's punch so it's more of a hook.  It's based on Alex's from Third Strike in an effort to make it look a bit heavier.

I'm loving the smoothness of all of these animations.
I do feel that the Ending to the Punch should be faster (Or remove frames I suppose). I understand you want it to feel heavy, but the initiation to the punch I feel is where it shows how heavy the punch will be. You've given a lot of emphasis, power and weight to the startup of the punch, and I feel it's not required to have so many frames for the end of the punch.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 01:20:11 am

Also fixed the effect again because I can't be happy.

@Runensucher,
That isn't a stab or anything.  That's him just brandishing his sword (Appears from magic) before he swings.  It's not meant to be any sort of attack.
I'll see about reworking it.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 12:42:21 am

Instead of fixing Red, I slacked off in class and worked on Green.  I got as far as the end of the Billiards looking magic and the subsequent disappearance, but cleaned it up and finished it today. 

I'm a lot happier with this one over Red, even if there isn't quite as much going on comparatively.  Most of the focus was on the effects, which I think turned out pretty great.  There's the one part where the staff just appears, but I think it's clean enough to go relatively unnoticed, plus it's magic anyway.   

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 01:10:11 am
You could add a small tweak where it pops out of a black magic hole or something without interrupting the flow too much. I certainly didn't notice it though and it looks pretty solid.

If you're going for billiards magic though it seems remiss to not have some bankshot ball fun!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 03:25:42 am

The three hitting each other at the end was a happy accident.  Otherwise, they would have just faded off out side of a decent range of where the enemy would be.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 03:44:58 am
SUPER slick. That's a pretty rad summon animation and it sells a skill aspect to his spellwork!

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 06:08:23 am

Golems are pretty cool.  Applying the theories behind them is cooler. 

Aka, this character's specialty is elemental and golem creation, which she uses to make a number of prosthetic arms. 

So because this might be a bit hard to follow, she scoops up a bunch of clay, removes her main arm, uses it to punch, summons a new arm, shoots lightning which is caught by a third dirt arm so as not to cause collateral damage, summons a giant stone spike, then resummons her main arm.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 09:00:47 am

The bard brings the noise, or otherwise, every music effect I felt like cramming in there, plus a reference to the 1812 Overture by  Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, aka the one with the cannons in it.  Her whole thing is music, and I feel this follows a decent enough beat.

And also, because I never posted this here, this is what the outfit is based on.  I made this for a school project, so I made it really simple to animate for time reasons, but ended up loving it because it's so cute.  It was for a game I made, and I just ended up making it about this character because the challenge was adding cues via sound, so magic music girl seemed appropriate.  Plus, look at how bouncy she it!

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 10:15:19 am
her lack of pants is very distracting, but not in a bad way. gives it a sorta punky vibe!

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 09:26:54 pm
her lack of pants is very distracting, but not in a bad way. gives it a sorta punky vibe!

It's supposed to be a one piece swimsuit with long sleeves.  She's just got great legs, so that's why it merges like that.  I think that makes sense. 

I like characters having a bunch of outfits, so I decided to have the callback, plus it varied it from the other characters.