AuthorTopic: The Recorded Pixel Art Project :: FOURTEEN VIDEOS!  (Read 241890 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: The Recorded Pixel Art Project :: TWO VIDEOS!

Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 05:05:33 am
Helm I watched the vid...and I found the experience...nerve wrecking XD I feel like going in and taking the mouse at almost all the times...I dont grab a 1 pixel brush until late in the production phase.....and some of the colors really made me go wtf....that desaturated yellow midtone specially, and those blue highlights that you didnt change until the end.

I found it very enlightning, made me realize there are many more ways of making sprites :p I look at the final result and I feel fine about it, but when I see how you made it I wouldnt have made almost any of the same choices.

I am a lot more about blocking in the colors and then adding the extra stuff than you are, I dont think I could work that monochrome in the begging phases

I'm surprised about how much you made use of color cylcing with the keyboard, I never thought that'd be really useful at all...I guess it's the best alternative to that mechanic I keep blabbing about that should be done but nobody cares to do or even understand c.c
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:55:34 am by Conceit »

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 06:15:07 am
I downloaded the trial version of Pro Motion yesterday, and tried it out. But I can't seem to find the edit single color menu like what evil-ville did and Helm also was able to rotate the colors very fast.. What are the shortcuts for those 2?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:00 am
double-click for edit single color

[ ] for rotating

read the manual.

Conceit: thanks.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 11:55:20 am
I use camtasia studio, and after recorded the gxf i convert the avi to flash and with camtasia player(in flash increase a 50kb +o- ).

Matriax only captured a bit of the screen, and he worked super-slow, but I remember the videos being only like, 30 pixels of alteration in 5 minutes.

thanks for the comments  :P . Yes is true i using now promotion and i go more fast, but usually use MsPaint i think is a drug.

A question, Helm or anybody, yes is good view the great skill of the video, i like much the robot, process and the techniques. But is possible make a video showing the techniques/tools/hot-keys for learn to use correctly promotion ?

i think for me and for more people this will e more interesting  ;D . For example i think now i have a good skill level and i can make great pixel-pieces but im slow, and think if every body show their "tricks" or how use promotion is a good start to understand after how Helm or anybody make the pixel-arts in this program(I beleive).

A thing i not understad is, my robotic dragon have a big resolution : 717x427 13mins = 2mb / and helm robot is 500x500 16mins = 6.9mb and helm use frame-skip i not ¿?.

I begin to make video-tutorial to show the people of remakes how make the gfx, this 3 are simple videos.

Refine and coloring
http://videotuts.webcindario.com/videotutos/videotut1/videotuto1.html

Refine isometric gfx
http://videotuts.webcindario.com/videotutos/videotut2/Untitled.html

Colorng a isometric GFX
http://videotuts.webcindario.com/videotutos/videotut3/videotut3.html

And well how i view the people like and want more dificult, and want view more things i make other 3 more.

Making textured fonts with paint:
http://videotuts.webcindario.com/videotutos/videotut4/videotut4.html

Program: MsPaint
Time 3:41min
Resolution : 717x427
Size: 1.19mb
15 frames per second(real time no frame Skip)

Robotic dragon leg:
http://usuarios.lycos.es/perromano/videotut5/videtut5.html

Time : 12:49
Size: 2.18mb
Resolution : 717x427

Making a isometric circle in MsPaint
http://videotuts.webcindario.com/videotutos/videotut7/isometric_circle_paint_matriax.html

Time 1:52min
Resolution : 716x428
Size: 0.414mb

Well i hope is useful for anything...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:57:10 am by Matriax »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 12:27:56 pm
I used double-time to make 30 minutes into 15, and I run this at 15 frames a second I think. We don't need any more.

About promotion tricks, Ptoing is the one blazing at them, I just use CTRL for color-picking, [ , ] for going through the luminance ramp, f2, f3, f4, Alt-f2 for Paint Mode, Darken Mode, Lighten Mode and Dither Mode respectively ( Ctrl-T for options ) and of course my hand hovers over the undo combo (Ctrl-Z) almost at all times. That's it, really. Double-click on a color on screen to edit its rgb or hsl values as I said, and I'm set, for one.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 01:09:51 pm
Yes, understand you record 30min at 15fps and after put 30fps to play video and its 16min. ¿how you make this? With camtasia too?

About the mins well my video is 15fps real time 2mb, if double is : 30fps 4mb=26min, and again escale : 8mb=52min, And yours 7mb=32min. ¿ is correct ? i think any is wrong, or when you apply the 30fps occured anything ¿or my scale is not correct? i use also the tcsmith codec.

And thanks helm for the hot-keys.

This is a similar project i was want being in my spanish forum but the people not have much time, or not like very much the idea etc...

The idea was a web with the avatar or each pixel-artist, with nationality,web url, etc... and video-tutorials of each pixel-artist. And each pixel-artist have theis speciality:

Matriax :textured
asdfsf : Color selection
sfafffas: Tricks promotion
sdfasf: Spriter

And each person make video-tutorials of their speciality, for not repeat video-tutorial show the same techniques etc.. and a menu to chose what thing you want view, how "design spriter","tiles" etc... And other list With all the pixel-artists want to up own video-tutorial. And with the possibility to vote the tutorials, comments etc...

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 08:50:20 pm
I can see them now, probably had to reset computer :-[ Nice stuff Evil-Ville :y:

Going to whatch Helm's now! :0'

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 04:25:06 pm
great post, very educational  :y:

i've had PM for while now, but i never really took time to learn it. Been pixeling in.... mmf... forever (just cause im used to it), and the videos finally pushed me to start exploring PM, taking the time to learn it, so THANKS!!!  :y:

Offline Ensellitis

• stop stealing my toast, please
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 12:17:53 pm
these are great!  helm, yours taught me alot as well as keeping me in awe

anyone who has troubles palying videos, get VLC, it plays almsot every format out there

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 04:06:13 pm
nice videos guys, i would definitely make a video if there was anything to learn from my process :P