AuthorTopic: Pokemon-style animation  (Read 1930 times)

Offline MizukiUkitake

• inside-our-mind
    • View Profile

Pokemon-style animation

on: September 20, 2016, 01:26:27 pm
So I've been dabbling in pixel art for about a year, here and there, and during that time, I've been thinking about making a fanmade pokemon game (or fakemon rom hack, as some call them).
Well, since I'm far from ready to actually do that, I've settled for animations that take place in the Pokemon universe.
I'm pretty proud of myself, but I feel like it could be improved.. I used a lot of bits from official games (backgrounds, really), and in my own opinion, it leaves a lot to be desired. I wanted to go for a superstar diva feel, but... I think it shows that everything's chopped together?
My original vision for it was a flashy stage with a crowd and cameras and lights! Somewhere along the way, I lost that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I know I want to make it look better, but I'm not sure how.

(I'm working entirely in Photoshop and ImageReady, if that makes any difference in the animation quality)
I'm a rookie, I really don't know what I'm doing.
"I often have great ideas, I just feel better hearing them from someone else." - me

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Pokemon-style animation

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:39:39 pm
Well for the battle transition you could try random disco tiles, or for a more easy transition to blank white camera flashes!
A lot of the later pixelart pokemon games had little animations for gym leaders too, they'd scroll in and do something like pose. For her maybe throwing away a camisole?
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |