AuthorTopic: Sprint Cycle  (Read 12045 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Sprint Cycle

Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 12:50:37 am
the run looks very heavy, almost like a fast paced march, not like a run at all. the swing of the arms is linear, no acceleration or anything.
the legs seem slightly too long, limbs are generally too thin, and uniform, and the knee joints are far too low in most frames.
You went several steps back from the previous posts i feel,  :(
I'd suggest to study wolfies edit again, see how it looks fluid, running, fast paced, and understand why. Think about the kind of run or sprint you want,  and look at references.
To be honest neither of the animations in this thread look like sprinting or dashing, more like casual jogging, but wolfie gets closest to a correct looking runcycle regardless.
i hope it doesn't sound too harsh, i dont wanna discourage you. Keep it up!

I made it so the arms fold in again rather than splay out, made the legs a few pixels shorter, thickened the arms, and redid the legs more like wolfie's version.

I honestly don't quite agree with you on how they all look like jogging save the first few drafts.  I feel they're at the very least at a run, but I still cleaned up the cycle anyway.  Also changed how the legs were shaded and messed a bit with the breasts.

It's also one pip faster.

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 08:06:10 pm
Hi, here's my attempt. I've used wolf's edit cause it was good base and allowed easier and faster sketching.

I think that in your last version legs looks like horse gallop, and like there's only 3-4 frames, mostly because both legs look the same. Try different shading which wolfenoctis suggested in his edit, it's a good way to make it visually easier for eyes.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 10:21:00 pm

I had this waiting thanks to another forum.  Definitely helps mark the proper sides.