AuthorTopic: Sprint Cycle  (Read 11925 times)

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Re: Sprint Cycle

Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 01:00:37 pm
The urgency mainly comes from the gait and swing of the arms and animation timings. hunching the back only is one aspect of it. in this instance it looked more like a sickly old person with a stiff leg (the irregular bouncing). wolf's edit is spot in in terms of a relaxed jog with proper posture and technique.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 10:01:57 pm
Some quick, rough thoughts:

I don't think you should hunch her over like that when she is running, it looks strange.

I like this edit for fixing the hunch, but yeah instead of straightening the upper body like you have here, keep the forward leaning and align the bottom half of the body to the steeper angle of OP's current head/upper body. I'm definitely digging the overall edit to the proportions though.

The proportions on mine have always been temporary.  The arms and legs were literally made with just the line tool.  This is more of the end look I was going to refine once I moved on past the hair, but I also toyed with the body to make it less hunched and more leaned. That, and the legs are now a bit more filled out, but also have the shorts separation.

The urgency mainly comes from the gait and swing of the arms and animation timings. hunching the back only is one aspect of it. in this instance it looked more like a sickly old person with a stiff leg (the irregular bouncing). wolf's edit is spot in in terms of a relaxed jog with proper posture and technique.

I can toy with the bouncing a bit, but wolf's edit looks like what you said it looks like; I'm not going for a jog, I'm going for a full blown sprint.  The edit is really good, but it does lack the urgency that I'm going for.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 05:13:15 am

Normalize the bouncing a little bit, plus cleaned up with the proper proportions and all that junk that comes with it. 

Next step after polishing this would propbably be her main hair motion.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 07:54:56 am
Mm. It might help to think of the hair as a sort of "motion trail" for the head, instead of as a separate entity. the big problem is that it doesn't follow the bounce very well, and as such feels disconnected from the rest of the animation.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 04:12:50 am

Tried syncing it up a bit more with the bouncing, but otherwise I'm not too sure how to go about fixing it.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 10:22:14 pm

Added some hair physics, making the bangs, front, and sides of the hair move, plus added some shading to the ponytail in addition to spikes for variety.  And eyes because I changed my mind from just using a blank face.

This is kind of what I plan on making a complete frame look like, but I'd like to know if there's anything I'd need to fix before completing it.  Sadly, I lose a few details just because they would just clutter up the animation, but not really worth worrying over.
On second look, I'm probably going to lighten up the darkest shade of blue on the pants, by w/e.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 12:16:11 am

Fully colored and animated version.  The only things I don't think is quite right is the chest, but otherwise I don't really know.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 01:58:53 am
chest is too static for the run, doesnt turn with her torso.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 05:04:47 am

Bit more like that? 

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 11:01:00 am
the run looks very heavy, almost like a fast paced march, not like a run at all. the swing of the arms is linear, no acceleration or anything.
the legs seem slightly too long, limbs are generally too thin, and uniform, and the knee joints are far too low in most frames.
You went several steps back from the previous posts i feel,  :(
I'd suggest to study wolfies edit again, see how it looks fluid, running, fast paced, and understand why. Think about the kind of run or sprint you want,  and look at references.
To be honest neither of the animations in this thread look like sprinting or dashing, more like casual jogging, but wolfie gets closest to a correct looking runcycle regardless.
i hope it doesn't sound too harsh, i dont wanna discourage you. Keep it up!