AuthorTopic: Hack game of the Pokémon series (2D), looking for a spriter/pixelartist  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Deadfult

• View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I've come here in search of a pixelartist(s) for a simple hack game I'm developing for the Pokémon series, specifically for the gameboy advance. I'm looking for someone with moderate skills for 2D pixelart and someone who wants to put those skills to use in a fun and easy project with currently 3 (give or take) other pixelartists.

The idea to make a hack game like this came to me when I was much younger, about 4 years ago, when I had a much greater interest in the Pokémon series. Though it's been 4 years, much less progress has been achieved than one would expect due to school, work, etc. Despite, I've been determined to finish building the game and to make it as great as possible, which is why I'm currently seeking out real pixelartists rather than my lowsy excuse for art..

As a background, I have a strong interest in game development (though I'm still only developing 2D games) as well as electrical engineering projects such as system modding. Recently, I've been much less focused on system modding due to the fact that the hobby is starting to die for most, and have been more focused on my game. Currently, I am a sophomore attending a college prep school in north Georgia and plan on joining the Naval Academy to major in either computer science or computer engineering.

As I said, the game is a basic Pokémon game for the gameboy advance, so the sprite work shouldn't be all that advanced. The work will be consisted of making 64x64 sprites out of 80x80 sprites (so really just resizing) as well as making sprites from drawings. Also if able, quite a bit of graphical work is needed (tiles, overworlds, etc).  Here are a couple screenshots (fairly old ones) to get a basic idea: http://i.imgur.com/Gg434bW.jpg

You can see why I need some updates in the graphical appeal.. Anyway, for the Pokémon sprites, the style should follow moderately close to the original Gen III style of Pokémon: http://i.imgur.com/1CKrTUI.jpg

If you're interested in this project or know anyone who might be, help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching months now for an even moderately decent spriter, so I definitely wont be that picky. :P
If interested, you can email me at mcbastipmc@gmail.com, PM me, or comment here. If agreed, we can exchange skypes.